turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Truglo Tru Brite open red dot?

Started by nogoodreezen, March 01, 2013, 08:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthEastNC

Glad to see so many other happy owners of the Tru-Brite.

I got one before last season and used it on my Benelli pump via a saddlemount from B-Square. Killed the 3 birds I shot at... 35 yards, 25 yards, and 18 yards... the 18 yarder i think did a back-flip, rolled right over.

I just ordered B-Square's universal cantilever mount that attaches to vented ribbed shotguns for my Maxus (they don't have saddlemounts for it yet)... going to buy another one of these sites for it and have 2 zeroed-in ready-to-go turkey guns.
Go Heels, Go America

Tom Dooley

I just ordered B-Square's universal cantilever mount that attaches to vented ribbed shotguns for my Maxus (they don't have saddlemounts for it yet)... going to buy another one of these sites for it and have 2 zeroed-in ready-to-go turkey guns.
[/quote]
Where did you find the B-Square cantilever mount? Every place I looked said out of stock or discontinued.
Thanks

kershawbuck

I bought one today . I had to order the weaver mount to fit my 870 . Should be here next week , and I will mount it. Thanks for all the info !!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: kershawbuck on March 08, 2013, 07:13:02 PM
I bought one today . I had to order the weaver mount to fit my 870 . Should be here next week , and I will mount it. Thanks for all the info !!

Your very much welcome.  That's why I am here.  And please let us know how you like it and how it works for you and holds its zero.  I'm a bargain type guy.  I love great buys.  I only go cheap from time to time when it comes to what I buy.  But I bought this site originally for the looks.  I like the fact that the reticle was reinforced with the longer aluminum canopy which the other TruGlo site doesn't have.  It no doubt about it should give the reticle added strength and less chance for it to get knocked off or broke.  The lifetime warranty was just icing on the cake that made me say what the hell.  I'm glad I took the bait.  I wouldn't recommend this site if it wasn't all that what I am saying it is.  For the money, this site has got to be close to 5 stars. 

SouthEastNC

[/quote]
Where did you find the B-Square cantilever mount? Every place I looked said out of stock or discontinued.
Thanks
[/quote]

Tom - I called B-Square/Safariland and they suggested checking Amazon for the best deal on that mount. Search Amazon for "B-Square Cantilever" and you'll find it.
Go Heels, Go America

jamo

Well got the TG sight in late yesterday.will get it mounted today and maybe if the rain holds off,I can start sighting in.

Hooksnhorns

I sighted mine in last week and I love it. I use the small dot reticle. The circles seem to cover up too much area IMO.
Don't Tread On Me

grayfox

Well I was gonna get a Burris FF3 but I'm not sure if I'd even like a red dot on my turkey gun.  I'd hate to spend a lot for something I may not like so I've got a Truglo Tru Brite coming Wed. from Midway. Thanks for the info.

SouthEastNC

iLikeHevi-13,

Thanks for the heads-up on the deal at NativeOutdoors - what a value! Mine arrived today to put on my Maxus, stoked to have 2 guns with this site!
Go Heels, Go America

Michigander

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 07, 2013, 08:54:43 PM

Am I the only one who finds the refletion in the sight comical? :TooFunny:

Thanks for all the info Brad, looks like a pretty sharp sight for the money. :z-winnersmiley:

nogoodreezen

I don't know about comical. Looks more painful to me. Ha ha.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

DirtNap647

chatterbox

nogoodreezen

After shooting this weekend with my 835 I decided I liked this sight enough to buy another.  Here are my twins. My 835 and the wife's 500 Super Bantam. Longbeards beware!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

grayfox

Got the Truglo dialed in yesterday on my 870 & I'm very impressed with this sight.  Especially for the money.  Easy to true in & the optics are better than I expected for the price.  I did have to add the high comb kit to my magpul stock to keep from raising my head to see through the sight. If it holds up it'll be a winner.  Might just go ahead & buy another for my .22.  Thanks for the reviews of this sight.