turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Truglo Tru Brite open red dot?

Started by nogoodreezen, March 01, 2013, 08:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nogoodreezen

Anyone tried this sight? Looks pretty nice and is at a good price point. Thinking I may pull the trigger on one of these this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Hooksnhorns

I hope they're good. I just put one on my 870 SM Fri.
Don't Tread On Me

BrowningGuy88

I believe Brad (ILikeHevi) has one on an 835 and is pleased with it.

nogoodreezen

I really like the looks of the sight and the different reticles.  I'm planning on picking one up. I just hope it will handle the recoil

chatterbox

Quote from: Daman on March 04, 2013, 09:44:12 AM
I believe Brad (ILikeHevi) has one on an 835 and is pleased with it.
Yup he is. He would be the guy to PM on this. He goes by ILIKEHEVI-13 on the forum.

ILIKEHEVI-13

You won't find a better sight for the money that has a lifetime warranty and that will hold its zero shot after shot from the heaviest 3.5" mag turkey loads.  I can't get mine to shift its zero from shooting the gun.  I think it's a 10. 

Cheapest place I know of on the internet to buy one or anywhere is from Native Outdoors. 

Here's the link.  It will be around $73 shipped. 

Scroll down until you see it.

http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/riflescopes.html

Let me show you a picture of mine. 

Here's the reticle I like the best out of the 4 different ones I believe.  There is like 4 red and 4 green and 5 brightness setting son each color and reticle.  They say green works better for low light like early morning or afternoons if you can hunt all day in your state. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I'll show you how well it holds it zero once set.  I shot one time last spring sighting it in at a 40yd target.  The following year I shot it several times once set and hadn't touched it since. 

I was aiming right in the middle of the turkey neck on this paper.  Damn near deadnut to me.

kershawbuck

Sweet looking rig! I was getting ready to buy a red dot , now Im sold . ! I assume you had to drill and tap the holes for the weaver mount ?

chatterbox

Quote from: kershawbuck on March 04, 2013, 08:02:28 PM
Sweet looking rig! I was getting ready to buy a red dot , now Im sold . ! I assume you had to drill and tap the holes for the weaver mount ?
Not on a Mossberg. They come drilled and tapped.

nogoodreezen

I'm sold. I found it on midway for $71 with free shipping. I will be ordering tonight.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: nogoodreezen on March 04, 2013, 08:59:42 PM
I'm sold. I found it on midway for $71 with free shipping. I will be ordering tonight.

That's even cheaper. 

Let me know how you like it. 

nogoodreezen

I will. Thanks for the responses. Ordered it last night. Looking forward to trying it.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Just get you a box of cheap dove loads to sight it in with.  Then go to your good stuff.  But start at like 20yds or so.  Then once on there go to 40yds and get it deadnut prior to shooting your expensive turkey loads.  They won't be too much difference between the 2 for poi vs poa.  Then you can tweek your turkey loads in.  I like my pattern to hit pretty much deadnut in the center of the neck.  Some like it centered over the head because they aim there.  I aim at the center of the neck.  I don't want half my pattern going over the top of a turkey head.  Your wasting pattern efficiency when you do it that way. 

nogoodreezen

Thanks for the advice. That is how I like mine as well. I had a truglo red dot scope on my gun but I put it on my wife's new 20 gauge. What reticle do you use for hunting?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: nogoodreezen on March 05, 2013, 12:08:22 PM
Thanks for the advice. That is how I like mine as well. I had a truglo red dot scope on my gun but I put it on my wife's new 20 gauge. What reticle do you use for hunting?

I like this one.  I like using red on about the 3rd brightness level.