turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal "Turkey Thug"?

Started by the Ward, February 09, 2013, 10:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cluck

Took my 870 12ga. with ventalator .655 and 3-17/8-6s thugs and put 82 hits in 10 in inchs at 40 yds. Then replaced ventalator with rem. super full .665 and same load and put 100 even in 10 inch at forty. Super full was good even pattern. I have a rem. extra full .687? But didn't try it. Going to basspro saturday. If you were buying, what choke would you buy? Have shot some winchester shells and put up to maybe 110 in 10" with these same chokes. Would be completly satisfied if I could reach 120ish with 3-2oz.6s. Thanks a many.      cluck

bushwhacker

I have three 870's, one 3" express and two super mags and they all like my Jellyhead .665 with Winchester hv 3.5/2/5's in the super mags and grey box 5's in the three inch gun. That choke will run you about $60. The two super mags average around 110 to 120 in ten at forty. Can't remember exact count with the 3" gun but i remember it being similar to that.

Matt81302

I picked up a box of 3 1/2in. 2oz. #5 Turkey Thugs and a box of 3 1/2in. 2 1/4oz. #5 with the FCW. From the sounds of it I should have just stuck with the Turkey Thugs. We shall see. Hoping to get a chance to shoot them later in the week.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteGoing to basspro saturday. If you were buying, what choke would you buy?

The Indian Creek .665 is probably the best RemChoke Turkey choke you'll find at Bass Pro.  Others would be the Jelly Head and the Gobblin' Thunder.  BPS doesn't sell Pure Gold chokes.

Spring_Woods

Saw these the other night. Sounds like some shot okay and some not at all!

Which shell do you guys reckon would shoot best out of an 870 SM with a PG choke?
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

mr perfect

i was wondering the same thing i have some of each just thought they were same the numbers on the box say they are .