News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal "Turkey Thug"?

Started by the Ward, February 09, 2013, 10:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericjames

Quote from: SumToy on February 18, 2013, 09:11:46 AM
We did not count them. The wind was way to high to really see a good number count.  It was a new choke lay out also.  We had a 665 in the SBE with 3inch 5's.  It will roll him at 40.
That's good to hear, I was gonna compare the old federals to these but I just cant make myself cut one up, but just looking at the hull they look identical. I had to go check the box to figure out. I wanna shoot the 5's also but in the 3.5" I just like a heavy payload in my 835

SumToy

They will work out of any choke that shoots the HV13 good.  I think in our choke it will be the 562-3.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

cluck

Has anybody seen these in 3"-2-6s for the 12 gauge?    Many thanks cluck

appalachianstruttstopper

Far as I know 1 7/8 is heaviest payload in 3".  2oz. in 3.5. Give'em a try for the price, you might be suprised.

cluck

Got a box of 3"17/8 6s. Got to wait on a warmer day.  cluck

scdxt

I shot the 3 17/8 6 from a stoeger m2000 24" barrel today at 40. Got 131 in 10" with kicks .665. Not bad for $10 a box. Good even pattern as well

Tom Foolery

I grabbed the wrong box, wanted the 3.5" 2oz load but got the 3" 1 7/8oz......always a good idea to read the box.

R AJ

I have only seen 3" #5 loads for the 20 gauge at my nearest WalMart.

I also noted that they were going through Haas sp? Outdoor World in Mississippi.
Do you suppose that all the Thugs are using these shot this spring?

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I will pick up some of the 3" 1 7/8 Oz. #6's and try through a .650, .655, and .665 in my 870.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: RAJ on February 20, 2013, 09:19:32 PM

I also noted that they were going through Haas sp? Outdoor World in Mississippi.

I seriously doubt that!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

My local WM only had 1 case of #4's in 3" 12 gauge, 1 case of #5's in 3" 20 gauge, and 1 case of 3.5" 12 gauge.  I'm not buying any more #4's.

Rockhound

Quote from: Daman on February 21, 2013, 09:31:38 AM

I seriously doubt that!

I bet they are, most on that show when asked what kind of shell they shot, replied #5.

The big tv hunters surprisingly still shoot lead

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Rockhound on February 23, 2013, 09:34:49 AM

I seriously doubt that!

I bet they are, most on that show when asked what kind of shell they shot, replied #5.

what is surprising about that,lead has been taking turkeys for years and years
I have alot of lead shells bought up and will be hunting with it this year,I took my birds last year with 20ga lead shells that cost less than a dollar a shell.
birds are not armor plated,nor do they wear bullet proof vest
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Rockhound

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 23, 2013, 04:44:41 PM

I seriously doubt that!

I have alot of lead shells bought up and will be hunting with it this year,I took my birds last year with 20ga lead shells that cost less than a dollar a shell.

Oh i 100% agree  i have big lead stockpile,  im shooting htl now but its only a matter of time before its to pricey and when the pile is gone ill shoot it again.  It doesn't bother to me to shoot it and if im in a place where i know the shots will be under 30 yds like my farm for example,  i still put lead in the tube and save the htl for more open areas

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Rockhound on February 24, 2013, 04:18:04 PM
Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 23, 2013, 04:44:41 PM

I seriously doubt that!

Oh i 100% agree  i have big lead stockpile,  im shooting htl now but its only a matter of time before its to pricey and when the pile is gone ill shoot it again.  It doesn't bother to me to shoot it and if im in a place where i know the shots will be under 30 yds like my farm for example,  i still put lead in the tube and save the htl for more open areas

:icon_thumright:
I hunt with the exact same game plan
it's not the harvest,it's the chase