News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

trouble with Beman

Started by VAHUNTER, March 04, 2011, 04:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

on Feb 5th. i bought a dozen Beman ICS Hunters 400's
i have 4 that i can not shoot already. they are bottle necking the entire length of the insert. getting very thin and brittle.
Beman is putting the blame on the guy that built my arrows. the arrow builder is putting the blame on Beman. as of now nobody wants to replace my arrows. i'm sending them back to Beman. hopefully they will stand behind there product
Good things come to those who wait

fallhnt

I shoot the ics hunter elite 400 and don't have any problem but it sounds like a arrow problem and not a builder problem.What where they cleaned with before building ?
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

VAHUNTER

Quote from: fallhnt on March 04, 2011, 06:47:48 PM
I shoot the ics hunter elite 400 and don't have any problem but it sounds like a arrow problem and not a builder problem.What where they cleaned with before building ?
i'm really not sure. i have alway shot aluminum until now. so this is all new to me

keyser12ga

Is the top edge of the insert flush with the arrow, sounds like they use an undersized insert.

Muskie03

I guess i really don't understand what you mean. Are they flaring out at the end? Is the shaft tapering thinner to the front? The guy that made them for you- did he just cut them down or did he build them from a blank shaft?  I worked at an archery shop for a while, if you could post some pics It would help me better understand the problem.

Nik
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

VAHUNTER

the shaft is thinning and getting brittle the length of the insert. they are getting a shoulder that can be felt at the back of the insert.

Quote from: keyser12ga on March 05, 2011, 09:49:30 AM
Is the top edge of the insert flush with the arrow, sounds like they use an undersized insert.
no he used the right inserts. just seems that the shaff is falling apart around the insert

fallhnt

If they were cleaned with anything other than denatured alchol that could be the problem.

Muskie03

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 06, 2011, 07:18:20 AM
the shaft is thinning and getting brittle the length of the insert. they are getting a shoulder that can be felt at the back of the insert.

no he used the right inserts. just seems that the shaff is falling apart around the insert

Shawn, that is bad carbon. I've only seen that a couple of times and those shafts should have never made it outta the factory. Beeman is the one to blame here.

Nik

VAHUNTER

Quote from: Muskie03 on March 06, 2011, 12:38:34 PM
Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 06, 2011, 07:18:20 AM

Shawn, that is bad carbon. I've only seen that a couple of times and those shafts should have never made it outta the factory. Beeman is the one to blame here.

Nik
hey Nik thats kinda what i was thinking too. I Hope Beman will come to the same conclusion once the see the shaffs.

VAHUNTER

i sent my arrows off to Beman yeaterday. so far they have been great (over the phone) i will post the results

VAHUNTER

finally got to talk with someone yesterday about my arrows. they said that they was baffled. they had NO idea what would have caused this problem. but the good news is that they are sending me 12 new carbon shaffs with the fletching color of my choice.

on a side note: i did not know that Beman and Easton was the same company.

fallhnt

Good to hear they are taking care of it .

Muskie03

longbox

When I read the post I was certain from the beginning that Easton/Beman would make things right no matter what, they are a first class group.

I worked in a bow shop almost four years and have cut and inserted more of this arrow than any other. Every once in awhile even the best will screw up and not get an insert fully seated. Rather than loosing the arrow, if done right and it's tricky, you can put a field tip in the insert and apply heat to the field tip and pull out the insert. Get it too hot and you will cause delamination issues big time. Just a thought on what might have happened.
Waffle House Pro Staff
It's not the years it's the mileage

VAHUNTER

Quote from: longbox on March 23, 2011, 04:45:23 PM
When I read the post I was certain from the beginning that Easton/Beman would make things right no matter what, they are a first class group.

I worked in a bow shop almost four years and have cut and inserted more of this arrow than any other. Every once in awhile even the best will screw up and not get an insert fully seated. Rather than loosing the arrow, if done right and it's tricky, you can put a field tip in the insert and apply heat to the field tip and pull out the insert. Get it too hot and you will cause delamination issues big time. Just a thought on what might have happened.
that was Beman's first thought. (that hot melt was used) but the pro shop say's that they use Quick set to install the inserts ??