Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What % of your calls are custom made calls.

Started by Muzzy61, January 29, 2013, 02:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

75 percent. I'll only buy custom pot calls from now on.

BowBendr

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

jim67

Wow! looks like Im behind the curve. 0% right now.Is this why I have a hard time calling in a bird? Seems like ifI do its just the right place at the right time.I have a Cody pot call that is my "go to" and several others,but dont use that much.

rev

100%.  all bought right here from the great call makers on this forum. No brainer

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

alloutdoors

Everything except for one cheap plastic crow call that's still in my vest. All my mass produced calls were given away to various people that I introduced to turkey hunting. I would have kept the HS Strut Triple Glass that I used to call in my first spring bird if I hadn't sat on it and broken the glass one day while hunting.

coyotetrpr

I must be missing out. I don't have a single custom call. However, I will not leave the Freak at home.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

BowBendr

Quote from: jim67 on January 29, 2013, 09:07:06 PM
Wow! looks like Im behind the curve. 0% right now.Is this why I have a hard time calling in a bird? Seems like ifI do its just the right place at the right time.I have a Cody pot call that is my "go to" and several others,but dont use that much.

Nah, you're not behind...just evolving...hang around here long enough and you'll get bit by the bug.  :icon_thumright:

Not having custom calls in your vest isn't why you're having a hard time killing birds, and yes, being in the right place at the right time has a lot to do with it (think about that...) and that Cody pot will kill birds.  :icon_thumright:

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

WildSpur

0% right now.  I would like to make pot calls for myself someday.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

pogo

I only use custom pot calls now.  It is a lot more fun, much like playing a fine instrument that you know was hand crafted.  My box call is one of the nicer production models, but someday I will add a custom box too.

Jay

lmbhngr

90% for me. Truth is I have a 20 yr. old" grand old master" that is my go to call though!

NoMoDanSnyder

Probably 90% for me.  Once I get a custom slate to replace my mass production one I'll give that away.  Then I'll be just left with a Lynch box as my only non custom.