Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What % of your calls are custom made calls.

Started by Muzzy61, January 29, 2013, 02:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

Just curious what percent of your calls are custom made calls and is there a mass produced call that you can't leave at home ?

Like most guy's on here, most of my calls are custom, I'd say 95% of the them. I've given most of the mass produced calls I had away to new hunters. Seems like I have better success with a custom call.

But I have a old (mid 90's) Quaker Boy Grand Old Master box call that will always have a place in my vest. When all else fails, I've had good luck pulling it out.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

reynolds243

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

kansas hooks

The only calls that i have that aren't custom made are my mouth calls.

SCtrkyhntr

chatterbox

95%. I have one Primos box cutter, and all my mouth calls are Hooks. Everything else is custom.

Spellnj3

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

jshively

I would say 90%.  And probably 100% from today on.

Gold Spur

99%, I sometimes use a HS Strutt, Two Timer mouth call. The rest of my collection is custom made.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

jblackburn

Almost everything.  Gooserbat diaphragms, slate and glass.

I have a Cody Envy glass that I love, too.

My box is a Redhead but it screams!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

paboxcall

Quote from: kansas hooks on January 29, 2013, 03:30:51 PM
The only calls that i have that aren't custom made are my mouth calls.

:agreed:

And I only carry one mouth call anymore, a Primos stacked frame.  Even the locator calls are custom.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

pappy

I WOULD SAY 95% AS I HAVE SEVERAL OLD COLLECTIBLE LYNCH CALLS BUT OUT OF 75-100 CALLS MOST ARE CUSTOM MADE
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

longspur

Thebody

I'm fairly new to this, so help me out.  What would be considered custom?  I started out about five years ago and thought my Woodhaven slate would be considered custom.  I have since added a Roberts Brothers and a couple of calls I had to order from the maker. 
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.  Mike Tyson

Well He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.  Will Munny