turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which broadhead will you use this year?

Started by StreetHowitzer, February 07, 2011, 03:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

I have to use an Xbow still due to left shoulder surgery that has left my left arm/shoulder still pretty weakend even after going on 2 years post surgery.  My Parker Cylclone will be chucking the Red Hot bolts with either the 3 balde, 100 gr.  Meatseeker or the Spitfire Pro 100 gr. 3 blades.  Both have taken more than there share of turkey and deer from both my virtical bow and my Xbow.  At 360 fpswith a 425 gr. set up, and pin point accuracy...I'm good!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

200racing

weatherby pa-08.undertaker choke.tru-glo tru bead.
win. hv #5 3in
rem. premeir mag. #6 3in

turkeys aren't hard to kill....they're hard to kill legally.

lightsoutcalls

I just swapped a couple of calls for a couple of packages of NAP Spitfire Gobbler Getters.  I know what I'm going to be flining if given the opportunity.  ;D

Heading to MO in a couple of weeks and hope to get to use them.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

longbeardlife.com

ryersonhill

Rage 2 Blade, pinwheeled one last fall season with one and it dropped in its tracks hit it high just above the leg bone and it just dropped and could not even get up on its wings to move!
Owner-Paramadness Bow Slings
Bowslings-Survival Bracelets-Binocular Slings
Custom Braiding Available-Online Store Available
Pending Maine State Record Eastern Turkey - Archery

drenalinld

Rage 2 blade. Results are devastating on any game.

Woodsman4God

Quote from: StreetHowitzer on February 10, 2011, 10:57:55 AM
Quote from: Fox Fire on February 08, 2011, 10:17:43 PM
I'm old school, mostly shoot a fixed cut on contact 2 blade set up, the last I bought was the Magnus, I loved the old carbon steel bear razor heads, they always sharped up and flew great.

Last couple of years I've been eyeball'n the mechanical heads, maybe I'm evolving away from my caveman mentality.

You should take a look at the Red Feather Archery broadheads. I have the Phoenix 100 grain and they fly with field points. They are single beveled to produce a better wound channel.
http://www.redfeatherarcheryonline.com/

How do you like those Phoenix broadheads from RFA, what have you killled with them. I was actually thinking about trying them