turkeys for tomorrow

Which broadhead will you use this year?

Started by StreetHowitzer, February 07, 2011, 03:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDbowman

A lot of rage on this site!

Rage 2-blade for me - deer and turkeys.

wildcat14

Muzzy MX-3 or Cabela's Laser Strike mechanicals.

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

StruttinGobbler3

I bowhunt for deer, but always used a shotgun on turkeys. Just curious, anyone here shoot the gobbler guillotines? Don't know if they're any good or not but those youtube videos are awesome!  :D
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

schuylkillspur

You hav nothing w/o FAITH

Kylongspur88

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 23, 2011, 02:54:54 PM
I bowhunt for deer, but always used a shotgun on turkeys. Just curious, anyone here shoot the gobbler guillotines? Don't know if they're any good or not but those youtube videos are awesome!  :D
Ive looked at them but honestly I've never had a turkeys head stay still very long and that's a small target with a bow even with a 4in cut or what ever. I could just see myself at full draw waiting for the birds noggin to stop boobing and weaving long enough for me to release.

CSAW

I'll be useing the Rage 2 blade this year.  I have used NAP Gobbler Getters in the past, but it is hard to beat the Rage.

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

longbox

I use G5 Montec 100 grain for deer and The Guillotine 100 grain for turkey. I switch up arrows and shoot a longer shaft with 5" feathers with the Guillotine's.
Waffle House Pro Staff
It's not the years it's the mileage

FttFttVroom!

Going to try the Trophy Ridge (Rocket) Hammerheads this spring.

redleg06

I was hoping the Rage 2 blade would be good for gobblers cause that's what I shoot for deer.

The damage those things do on deer is unreal. Ive personally seen a handfull of deer taken with the Rage 2 blades and they have all left a blood trail that a blind man could follow...

bcc2011

:agreed: 2 blade rage all the way great broadhead for all game
Brother Custom Calls

Jbird22

I don't turkey hunt with my bow but if I did I would use one of the same ones I deer hunt with....Magnus Buzzcut 100 gr 4 blade

boomer

savedbygrace

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 23, 2011, 02:54:54 PM

I don't shoot the guillotines, but I'm trying out the Magnus Bullheads this year, which is a head shot broadhead but it's 3 blade. I've been practicing with mine on an old Block layer target and the heads have held up great. I'm dead on out to 40 yards but I would never ever take that long of a shot. My max with these heads are going to be around 15-16 yards...that's just my comfort zone. I'm anxious to see what they can do. What I like about them is that it's either going to be a kill or a clean miss.