Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Which broadhead will you use this year?

Started by StreetHowitzer, February 07, 2011, 03:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

Slick Trick 100 grain Mags and Grim Reaper 100 grain 1 3/8" cutt  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

PANYHunter

Quote from: Ack on February 10, 2011, 11:01:20 AM
Even with a large cut mechanical head the last thing you want to do is slow it down. Let that head do it's job and get through the bird. To me it's about how much damage you can do with your shot, and you have to remember that those tough feathers and bones are already taking a toll on your arrow's momentum on impact. As long as you hit vitals, spine or hips you will put the bird down. Use whatever broadhead you are confident in, but my recommendation is to use the largest cut mechanical you can get your hands on.....remember, those kill zones are small.
yeah that makes sense.  Thanks!!

savedbygrace

Rocket Sledgehammer's and Magnus Bullheads.

savedbygrace

but my recommendation is to use the largest cut mechanical you can get your hands on.....remember, those kill zones are small.

This.

blueribbon

IMO it is not looking to slow down the arrow that I would try the adder point it would be to transfer the energy to the bird. I have shoot through amny Gobblers and then I spend on average chasing down the ones that flew off. When I shoot a mechanical that tranfsers enrgy the bird rarely flys as it tumbles it with the force of the impact. Not saying this is right to all but it is my thinking I guess. It has worked for me. I totally agree with the bigger the cut the better!!!

hookedspur

2 Blade rage on my Mathews and 100gr Muzzy on my Excalibur.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

VAHUNTER

Even with a large cut mechanical head the last thing you want to do is slow it down. Let that head do it's job and get through the bird. To me it's about how much damage you can do with your shot, and you have to remember that those tough feathers and bones are already taking a toll on your arrow's momentum on impact. As long as you hit vitals, spine or hips you will put the bird down. Use whatever broadhead you are confident in, but my recommendation is to use the largest cut mechanical you can get your hands on.....remember, those kill zones are small.
i agree. two holes is better than one. i have only shot 1 turkey with a bow. when the arrow hit it sounded like it hit a 50gal. barrel. 
Good things come to those who wait

3.5inchpainfulldeath

2 inch rage, and grim reaper whitetails...

Ack

Here's what can happen when you send a Rage 2 blade all the way through a bird..... 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFCk_TVGrLo

Nature's Echo Calls ProStaff

PANYHunter

Thanks for posting!!  Looks like he flopped less than a lot of shotgun birds.

Kylongspur88

ground control

well i originally wasted my money on some "turkey tearrors" by american broadhead company. they are a fixed blade with a "notch" in each blade to prevent a pass through. from what i have read by almost EVERYBODY that has used them on a bird, they are pretty much useless as the blades get clogged with feathers before it even enters the bird, and in turn it just bounces off. guess now i got some squirrel blades. instead i will be trying the rocket hammer heads, 2" cut.
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

Kylongspur88

TnTurk

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!