OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 870 Remington, Hevi Shot Choke .662, Hevi 13 3in 2oz #6 & Win Xtended range #5  (Read 16665 times)

Offline MagnumBill

A few weeks ago I patterned my 870 with 20" barrel and red dot scope with a new Hevi Shot .662 choke. I am very pleased with how it shot today in 95 degree temperatures. I shot Hevi 13 3-2-#6's and Winchester Xtended range 3-1 3/4-#5's.  See attached pictures...left mouse click pictures below.

Any suggestions on how to make it even better for 40 yard shots?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:04:24 AM by MagnumBill »

Offline captin_hook

• Paintbrush Beard
Nice pattern on the hevi 6s. That's a awsome load and you have a impressive pattern with great #s out of a 3 inch shell. It's not gonna get much better than that shooting the hevi 3-2-6s.

Online nyhunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
My suggestion is buy more H-13 # 6  and save your money. I wouldn't change a thing your combo is shooting great.

Offline Deputy 14

• Longbeard
Hevis look good to me. I would leave it alone.

Offline MagnumBill

Thanks for the feedback.

I do wish I had tried Win Xtended #6's just to compare to the Hevi #6. I was thinking the Hevi #6 would hit harder than the Win #6?

Does anyone have any experience with Hevi 13 #6 and Win xtended HD #6.....which one hits harder at 40 yards?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:20:00 PM by MagnumBill »

Offline gatrkyhntr70

• Double Beard
Thanks for the feedback.

I do wish I had tried Win Xtended #6's just to compare to the Hevi #6. I was thinking the Hevi #6 would hit harder than the Win #6?

Does anyone have any experience with Hevi 13 #6 and Win xtended HD #6.....which one hits harder at 40 yards?

Both are 12g the hevi is 1090fps and the win extnd. is 1225 fps.; The Win extnd. will hit like a freight train.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Offline MagnumBill

Thanks! I think I will have to at least try the Win Xtended #6's to see how they pattern.

Does anyone know how they will perform with the Hevi choke .662?

Offline gatrkyhntr70

• Double Beard
The xr 6's will have a few less pellets than the hevi; they should pattern good but the xr's usually like to be choked more like lead a .655 may be better. Every gun's different though the hevi .662 may be great with them.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Offline MagnumBill

Thanks for the info.

Who makes a .655? Is this special order?

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
Thanks for the info.

Who makes a .655? Is this special order?

Kick's makes a .655 for RemChoke systems.

Offline MagnumBill

Can a Kick's handle these HD loads and the Hevi's..... I have heard/read mixed comments??

Offline chatterbox

• Long Spur Gobbler
Thanks for the feedback.

The Win extnd. will hit like a freight train.
This. I love these shells. They may not put up hevi-13 numbers, but the uniform consistancy, and sheer power make up for the numbers.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:02:01 PM by chatterbox »

Offline MagnumBill

@Chatterbox

What kind and size choke do you recommend? 40 yd shots....

Offline MagnumBill

Thanks for the feedback.

What choke for Win xtended 6's do you recommend for 40 yards?

The Win extnd. will hit like a freight train.
This. I love these shells. They may not put up hevi-13 numbers, but the uniform consistancy, and sheer power make up for the numbers.

Offline gatrkyhntr70

• Double Beard
Ive shot lots of hevi through the kicks chokes; various guns and guages with no issues just great patterns.

Can a Kick's handle these HD loads and the Hevi's..... I have heard/read mixed comments??
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-