OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 870 Remington, Hevi Shot Choke .662, Hevi 13 3in 2oz #6 & Win Xtended range #5  (Read 16775 times)

Offline gatrkyhntr70

• Double Beard
If its in Remington bore, and a 3" Win extnd # 6 I would go with the .655 or if its a 3.5" shell in a # 6 I would go with a .660 constriction.
If you take a look at the video trailers on comp n chokeswebsite these were kills with Win Extended range. You will se they hit very hard.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CtsRcuIe354" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Offline MagnumBill

If its in Remington bore, and a 3" Win extnd # 6 I would go with the .655 or if its a 3.5" shell in a # 6 I would go with a .660 constriction.
If you take a look at the video trailers on comp n chokeswebsite these were kills with Win Extended range. You will se they hit very hard.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CtsRcuIe354" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pretty impressive...knocks um off their feet. Thanks

Offline MagnumBill

Remington ventilator .655 ....anyone got any experience with this choke and Hevi shot or Winchester xrhd?

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
great looking patterns
I would leave well enough alone
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline chatterbox

• Long Spur Gobbler
@Chatterbox

What kind and size choke do you recommend? 40 yd shots....

Bill,

I use a SumToy .675 out of my 835. Gives me an avg. of 150 in the 10" circle at 40.

Offline 3" 870 Shell Shucker

• Double Beard
  • I want lots of even coverage.
Those #5's would dust a coyote.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
I think you are set with the Hevi 6s.  I see no reason why you should walk away from that pattern, imo.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
There is nothing like the HEviShot turkey loads
Magnum Blend and Hevi13 are the best turkey loads on the market

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMMY SPAM SPAM!!!!!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline chatterbox

• Long Spur Gobbler
I think you are set with the Hevi 6s.  I see no reason why you should walk away from that pattern, imo.
This. If I had a pattern like that from the Hevi 3-2-6, I would look no further. Nice job! :icon_thumright:

Offline Magnumbill55

Hevi choke .662 is still doing great

Offline MissLouHunter

That will work