turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Supreme Court upholds obamacare

Started by lightsoutcalls, June 28, 2012, 11:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

Obama is now the daddy of the biggest tax hike in American history, after saying time and time agan its not a tax. That may not fly over very well for him, and some are saying it will be much eaisier to repeal and won't need a filibuster proof senate. Not that its a good thing but whats done is done and we now know the Supream Court won't uphold the constitution.

Sherrell

Also Obama is the biggest Idiot this country has ever known.

Put his brain in a crow and he'd fly backwards.

mossy835

Obama will ultimately go down as the worst Communist, Muslim President in our history and will hold that title for many centuries to come. The only cure is to vote him out and remove "any liberals and Commies" from positions of power this year and in the future!
Remember that the Congress and the Senate voted with him and we now control the congress as we need to do in the Senate and the White House. It may mean we do not like the replacements totally but if they fix this boondoggle Obama created then it will be worth it. But we must vote and get out friends to do so also!!!!!

Eric Gregg

Quote from: mossy835 on June 29, 2012, 10:53:11 AM
Obama will ultimately go down as the worst Communist, Muslim President in our history and will hold that title for many centuries to come. The only cure is to vote him out and remove "any liberals and Commies" from positions of power this year and in the future!
Remember that the Congress and the Senate voted with him and we now control the congress as we need to do in the Senate and the White House. It may mean we do not like the replacements totally but if they fix this boondoggle Obama created then it will be worth it. But we must vote and get out friends to do so also!!!!!
Yep, and we need to quit all the third part junk and voting for people (Rand Paul) that are not even in the hunt. We have Paul bots in MS that are going to vote for Paul even though he isn't even on the ticket. Remember a vote not for Romney is a vote for Obama

870FaceLift

Quote from: mossy835 on June 29, 2012, 10:53:11 AM

^This^
Pass it on...

Grunt-N-Gobble

It's tough to really know what was going through Robert's mind to arrive at the "it's a tax" to make the law legal when time and time again, Obama and his lawyers claimed it wasn't a tax.

I maybe taking a huge leap here with my thoughts but here it goes...............

Roberts didn't want the public to view the court as partisan with all of the decisions as of late.  AND he really didn't want to vote in favor of the law.........BUT even more so, he didn't want Obama getting re-elected in November.  So in a purely political move and knowing that the public doesn't want this law, he comes up with the "tax" definition making it legal realizing that it will ultimately strengthen the conservative base and push those independents and democrats that might have voted for him if the law had died to vote for Romney.  Roberts must be confidant that the public will vote Romney as President who will then work to kill Obamacare with a newly elected conservative Senate and House.

I know...........thats a stretch.

But approving this law will have long lasting, destructive effects for years and years to come.  This now means that there is NOTHING that the government can't tax you on.  NOTHING.

I believe Abraham Lincoln said this..........."America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves".

We are seeing that happen now.

Frankinthelaurels

I wish I could be there when they haul one of your rear ends into the emergency room when you heart stops beating..each and everyone of you will be singing a different tones on that day...you'll be begging for someone, anyone to help you so that you can see you family again... YOU'D better read what it actually says before unleashing all the hate mongering again. Ever had a loved one denied health care by an insurance company when they needed something!! Ever had a friend thrown off insurance when they got sick!! So, you don't think it's good to be able to keep your kids on while their in school. It's just like car insurance, everyone pays and when you need it, it will be there. I'm getting tired of paying my families plan while you pay nothing and run to the emergency room everytime one your kids gets hurt or your stupidity gets yourself hurt. THINK before some of you open and spew for this venom to each other. By the way, you don't like big government but you use the electricity, roads, bridges, communication system that it had provided you...I'm beginning to think there's some serious mental stated on this board!!! GEEEEZZZZZ...I wonder if you'll care in that emergency room when the Nurse or Doctor is a LGBT when their saving your life...what a collection of HYPOCRITS!!

TnTurk

Quote from: Grunt-N-Gobble on June 29, 2012, 02:53:07 PM
It's tough to really know what was going through Robert's mind to arrive at the "it's a tax" to make the law legal when time and time again, Obama and his lawyers claimed it wasn't a tax.

I maybe taking a huge leap here with my thoughts but here it goes...............

Roberts didn't want the public to view the court as partisan with all of the decisions as of late.  AND he really didn't want to vote in favor of the law.........BUT even more so, he didn't want Obama getting re-elected in November.  So in a purely political move and knowing that the public doesn't want this law, he comes up with the "tax" definition making it legal realizing that it will ultimately strengthen the conservative base and push those independents and democrats that might have voted for him if the law had died to vote for Romney.  Roberts must be confidant that the public will vote Romney as President who will then work to kill Obamacare with a newly elected conservative Senate and House.

I know...........thats a stretch.

But approving this law will have long lasting, destructive effects for years and years to come.  This now means that there is NOTHING that the government can't tax you on.  NOTHING.

I believe Abraham Lincoln said this..........."America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves".

We are seeing that happen now.
This is exactly what I was hoping for when I heard how he cast his vote. I hope he knows what he is doing.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Frankinthelaurels on June 29, 2012, 04:29:40 PM
I wish I could be there when they haul one of your rear ends into the emergency room when you heart stops beating..each and everyone of you will be singing a different tones on that day...you'll be begging for someone, anyone to help you so that you can see you family again... YOU'D better read what it actually says before unleashing all the hate mongering again. Ever had a loved one denied health care by an insurance company when they needed something!! Ever had a friend thrown off insurance when they got sick!! So, you don't think it's good to be able to keep your kids on while their in school. It's just like car insurance, everyone pays and when you need it, it will be there. I'm getting tired of paying my families plan while you pay nothing and run to the emergency room everytime one your kids gets hurt or your stupidity gets yourself hurt. THINK before some of you open and spew for this venom to each other. By the way, you don't like big government but you use the electricity, roads, bridges, communication system that it had provided you...I'm beginning to think there's some serious mental stated on this board!!! GEEEEZZZZZ...I wonder if you'll care in that emergency room when the Nurse or Doctor is a LGBT when their saving your life...what a collection of HYPOCRITS!!

Frank,
 I can only speak for myself, but I do pay for my insurance.  I have paid for my own health insurance all of my adult life.  The insurance I have paid for covered the births of my 3 daughters, the youngest now 16.  It has covered the numerous times they have been to the ER and walk-in clinics.  It has paid for medications required for myself, my wife and my kids over the past 20 some years.  The insurance I have paid for has covered my cancer treatments several years back and continues to pay for follow-up appointments.  I'm guessing that since you encourage all of "us" to read the healthcare act, you have read all of the 2,700 pages of the bill, word for word before you went on this tirade?  Did you read it before it was passed or after it was passed along with nancy pelosi?  
 My parents are now both retired.  My mother worked as an office manager in the healthcare industry for over 30 years.  I have a bit of insight into the healthcare field.  As they age, a big concern for me with this healthcare garbage is that obama wants to go to a one payer plan.  This WOULD in fact include panels to evaluate the most "bang for the buck" as far as spending for treatment.  My dad has had both knees replaced, both shoulders replaced, back surgery and quadruple bypass surgery, all covered by health insurance paid out of pocket through insurance plans purchased through their employers.  With such evaluation panels, I'm concerned that if my dad needs another surgery, they won't find it worth my tax dollars to pay for that surgery, as his more healthy and productive years are behind him.  
 Don't pretend to know the people here that you don't agree with.  Nobody is forcing you to stay.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

CASH

Dude, you need to calm down.  First of all, 99.99999999% of the members here are conservative.  Second of all, your comment,

"I'm getting tired of paying my families plan while you pay nothing and run to the emergency room everytime one your kids gets hurt or your stupidity gets yourself hurt."

is completely ASSININE!  I don't have a number on how many members pay a family plan, I know I do, but you are way out of line with that comment.

If you don't enjoy our nice conservative turkey hunting forum, I'm sure there are plenty of Left Wing, Kool-Aid drinking forums out there for you to peruse.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mossy835

For some ignorance is bliss, Obamanation care is not going to fix anything but it will cause a great medical system to go under (Just look at the mess social security is in) so with that said I am working on the repeal of Obummer care meaning oh no another sick person Obummer no money left what are we going to do. Well how about taking care of your self! If it is serious out here a hospital before the idiot messed up the system has to take you in and give you medical attention. It is Obummer that has distorted why we do need to fix some things like (Shyster Lawyer law suits - gee he is one of those) and that is called tort overhaul where the shysters know just how much to ask for to get a payoff. In my youth we happily called them ambulance chasers, now I call them losers!

Woodsman4God

Frank

I am 50% Canadian and over half my family lives in Canada. The governmental health care of Canada has in the last year denied my aunt an angioplasty saying its not worth trying to give it to her even though she needs it, should the government make that decision? in the US she could get it done. At any time this lack of care could cause her to die when she needs this procedure. This will happen in America eventually if Obamacare continues.

stinkpickle

I certainly understand the idea behind it.  Nobody should be financially ruined by getting cancer or needing an organ transplant.  And I understand that just because I have insurance now does NOT guarantee that my insurance company won't drop me or price me right out of my plan, because they can and do leave responsible folks hanging with $500,000 bills....so the requirement to insure (at a reasonable rate) regardless of pre-existing condition is wonderful.  Now for that to work, price fixes will have to be put in place, so hospitals can no longer charge $50 for aspirin, and such.  I don't know how (or if) that is being addressed in this new healthcare plan, but without it, the plan is destined to fail.  Much like the bank bailouts, where there were no requirements to loan out the bailout cash...the banks just sat on it.  Unfortunately, I imagine the only insurance companies that stay in business will be the ones that can best milk the system. 

Oh yeah...and the funding of this plan is so convoluted.  How would any business owner be able to plan around it, especially with the so-called "Cadillac tax" on generous existing plans?  "You get to keep your existing plan."  Bull-fuggin'-sh$t!  Sure you can keep it, but you will charged an excise tax on it...and that's only IF your employer chooses to continue to offer it.

Personally, I would probably be more convinced into supporting a single-payer system (I know, I know) than the clusterfudge we're being fed now.  If I'm gonna get pi$$ed on, I'd rather not hear that it's raining.  This "it's not a tax, it's a tax, it's not a tax, it's a tax" crap is just ridiculous.  No matter how this turns out, in my book, NOBODY WINS!

Have a nice Saturday!   :D

stinkpickle

And on a lighter note...

"If Obama can force you to get health insurance just by calling it a tax, than there is nothing to stop him from making you gay marry an illegal immigrant wearing a condom on a hydroponic pot farm powered by solar energy." -- Stephen Colbert

bird

Quote from: stinkpickle on June 30, 2012, 11:59:50 AM
And on a lighter note...

"If Obama can force you to get health insurance just by calling it a tax, than there is nothing to stop him from making you gay marry an illegal immigrant wearing a condom on a hydroponic pot farm powered by solar energy." -- Stephen Colbert

You're exact right. Now the Feds can force you to buy anything by calling it a tax.  Kinda reminds me of what created the birth of this country in the beginning when the British taxed the hell out of the colonies. We have no liberties and we the people are not going to stand for it