Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Smallie fishing is great anybody fish the small streams?

Started by scoot12, June 24, 2012, 08:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

Just got back home from smallmouth fishing and got this 18 incher today.  My wife and I have caught 75 smallies the last 5 times out.  They are a blast and boy do they fight.  After I caught this one she had one on in same hole behind me and it wrapped the line around her leg and the lure became imbedded in her leg as she fell in the river.  I made sure she was okay but we had to make trip to emergency room to get lure out.  Good thing I didn't start to laugh but it would have made a great vid.  She had no idea a really big one was that powerful.  Scoot

redarrow

Its been awhile but I used to fish the Raisin River here in Michigan.Dandy smallmouth fishery.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Scott, you're a turkey calling, smallie catching fool!!

Nice fish, buddy!

jblackburn

I fished the Illinois River in Eastern Oklahoma yesterday and caught several.  Most were very small, around 8 - 10 inches but they are fun on the ultralight!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

stone road turkey calls

Nice fish scott, streams are my favorite place to fish.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

WillowRidgeCalls

It's been a while since I was on those streams over there by you, but those smallies are a blast in those small streams. Good fish scoot, hope ur wife is doing good again.  ;)
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

I-55Bandit

Smallie fishing is the only thing that gets me from turkey season to bowhunting. I'm lucky to have some great spots here.

I-55Bandit

West Augusta

Y'all are putting the hammer to those smallies.  They are a blast.  We have tons of great smallmouth streams here in West Virginia.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

tomstopper

GSLAM95

Those are some great smalls guys, thanks for sharing...

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Hooksfan

Bandit, that invitation still stands.

I haven't done it seriously for several years, but stream fishing for smallmouth in Southwest Missouri was by far my preferred method of fishing a few years back.
My floating partner and one of the best friends I have ever had  died suddenly of a heart attack at 38 years old about six years ago and I am just now getting back into it.

TrophyTracker

Nice fish, guys!

What kind of bait/lures are you guys using on the streams to catch them?
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

scoot12

I use a 4 inch plastic ring worm and texas rig it with a 2/0 hook.  Still looking for the elusive 20 plus incher.  Scoot