Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Smallie fishing is great anybody fish the small streams?

Started by scoot12, June 24, 2012, 08:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-55Bandit

Quote from: Hooksfan on June 25, 2012, 11:43:15 PM
Bandit, that invitation still stands.

I haven't done it seriously for several years, but stream fishing for smallmouth in Southwest Missouri was by far my preferred method of fishing a few years back.
My floating partner and one of the best friends I have ever had  died suddenly of a heart attack at 38 years old about six years ago and I am just now getting back into it.
Things are busy the next month or so but later in the summer I am in for sure  :icon_thumright:

I-55Bandit

Quote from: TrophyTracker on June 26, 2012, 12:37:10 AM
Nice fish, guys!

What kind of bait/lures are you guys using on the streams to catch them?
Mostly soft plastics. 4 Chomper hula grub on an 1/8 oz stand up jig head, flukes, tubes, senkos etc. I try to stick with browns and greens like pumpkinseed and watermelon red

I-55Bandit

Quote from: scoot12 on June 26, 2012, 07:28:08 AM
I use a 4 inch plastic ring worm and texas rig it with a 2/0 hook.  Still looking for the elusive 20 plus incher.  Scoot
So am I! My fishing buddy landed one last year that went 20.25". I have caught a handful in the 19-19.5" range but have yet to break the mark. 2 fish haunt me that I never got a measurement or picture of a few years back. They were toads but all I can do is say they were 18"+...I will never know. Honestly it would be nice to catch one but consistently catching fish over 17" is all that I can ask for

turkey slayer

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!