OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

"Hi, my name is David and I have a problem"!

Started by drenalinld, June 08, 2012, 02:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

I work for a natural gas/oil exploration company. Along with about 700 others I drive a company truck with our logo on the doors. Yesterday afternoon, someone called our emergency hotline and reported my truck license plate number and stated the driver of this truck was smoking a crack pipe while driving. They went on further to say they knew it was a crack pipe, because it was too long to be a tobacco pipe. The plate number was identified as mine. Our VP was notified of the complaint. He did not believe the story, but knew it had to be reported to HR who called my boss. My boss called me and told me I had to report to HR this morning to be questioned about a complaint that was made to the hotline. I had no clue what it was about.

When they read the complaint to me, I responded I had never done drugs of any kind and would gladly prove it with any type of drug test. It did not dawn on me until my boss brought it up. He said the first thing he thought of was a turkey call and then it finally hit me. While sitting at the stop light, I was running a trumpet call. Because of HR rules I did go take that drug screen, but we all had a good laugh when I walked out to my truck and retrived my "crack pipe" (a Dave Constantine trumpet that always hangs around my rear view mirror).

The VP is relieved because I am his A player for a golf tournament on Monday. I actually suggested that I had an addiction to turkey calls and the company should pay for yearly therapy consisting of hunting multiple states in the Spring to help me deal with the illness.

wisconsinteacher

2 things, first this is very funny and I could see it happening to me someday, second, wouldn't you have to use a crack pipe to know what one is.  I wonder who called you in?????

lightsoutcalls

Sounds like that call just got a new nickname.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

captin_hook

Pheww, that's something. Some people need to mind their own business.

honker22

hilarious.  How many hits on a trumpet does it take to get high?
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

FullChoke

Dave Constantine now makes crack pipes?!

Another good example of pandering to your target market!

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

dirt road ninja

redarrow

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on June 08, 2012, 02:24:35 PM

That is absolutely hilarious. Cheech and Chong toking on a trumpet.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Hognutz

That's just plain "nuts". People that don't know any better should just keep their stinkin' mouths shut. Glad you finally figured it out.. You can't fix stupid, unfortunately..  ???
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

barry

Next thing you know you'll be doing shots out of a tube call :)
Glad to hear you were able to easily explain what happened.

Guess I better practice my trumpet in private!

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: redarrow on June 08, 2012, 03:31:34 PM
Quote from: lightsoutcalls on June 08, 2012, 02:24:35 PM

That is absolutely hilarious. Cheech and Chong toking on a trumpet.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Dave's in the can, man!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Shotgun

redrivergar

That's a hoot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

jbennett

As many hours as I have spent in the past couple of weeks with a trumpet to my mouth practicing its a million wonders that I haven't been accused of the same thing. Come to think of it, it is very similar to an addiction.