turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mountain Men series History Channel

Started by gobbler74, June 01, 2012, 12:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

Ok, caught it last night. Not too bad. Wondering if anyone else tuned in. 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

tomstopper

Was going to try and watch it but had other things come up. Is the format anything like Swamp People.

longbeard11

I watched it with my girlfriend, we both loved it.

kansas hooks

I saw it and thought it was interesting.  Looking forward to watching some more of it.

barry

It didn't live up to the previews that were shown but I'll watch it again

lightsoutcalls

I caught most of the show.  I'm anxious to see what kind of treestand they build using 1/2 logs of locust.  That was crazy having the guy climb up nailed on board steps with a "50 lb" log on his shoulder.  Why not pull them up with ropes if you have to use 1/2 logs to build a treestand?

The guy in Alaska was a bit much for me... No companion of any kind while he is out there? I would at least want a dog, but he would have to worry about feeding a dog as well...

My wife kinda grossed out when the guy in NC hacked the nose off of the frozen doe.   :-X
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

savduck

I caught it. Wasn't bad, two out of the three have electricity and modern windows, appliances, etc...what kinda real mountain man has that. 
Georgia Boy

Eric Gregg

Caught a few minutes of it and I will probably tune in next time.

Sherrell

Quote from: savduck on June 01, 2012, 12:40:16 PM
I caught it. Wasn't bad, two out of the three have electricity and modern windows, appliances, etc...what kinda real mountain man has that. 

A few times I noticed them without their firearms.like the Alaskan guy going to cut firewood.when I hunt out west you can guarantee my shotgun or rifle will be within reach.a cameraman is little protection from a lion or bear attack.

Tail Feathers

The first few minutes didn't look like what I thought it would be.  Got bored and changed channels.
I may have to take a second look based on the above opinions.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

surehuntsalot

Quote from: savduck on June 01, 2012, 12:40:16 PM

not much to it,didn't see much of anything that would make them "real" mountain men
living in a home with electricity isn't where it's at
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Doug

Dang!  I missed it.  Saw the previews and wanted to check it out.

stone road turkey calls

Don't worry if you missed it the history chanel will rerun it about 500 times
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

gobbler74

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on June 02, 2012, 07:38:19 AM
Don't worry if you missed it the history chanel will rerun it about 500 times

for sure..I figure the guy with the bush plane had it the roughest, the guy in N.C. seemed to live the most basic
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"