turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mountain Men series History Channel

Started by gobbler74, June 01, 2012, 12:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

I liked it. The guy in the bush plane that lives in the little cabin for trapping season..... Does anyone know if that is the guy that the magazine " fur fish & game " did a story on about a year ago???

gatrapper

I'll watch it, but it is pretty stupid.  The History channel wants the folks to ham up ever little thing.  If the dog wanders off its OMG Bear Attack.  My husband is out late, OMG here in Montana we aren't the top of the food chain, wah wah wah.  That junk gets old, but that being said I have it DVR'd to see how much dumber it can get.  The only guy worth watching is the Alaskan.
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

captin_hook

Well after watching the third episode I'm going to have to change my tune. I can't stand this show now. After the first episode I thought it was going to be a good show. Boy was I wrong. I'm not going to watch another episode.

Hognutz

Me too!! Everytime The Montana guy goes outside, they show the same bear tracks and the wife thinks he's lost. They showed the N.C. guy shooting at a deer with a gun that the hired hand zeroed in. He misses and blames the kid. Well, the gun the kid sighted in was a Win. 94, and the one the guy was using was a Ruger #1. They showed the Alaskan guy walking 10 miles back to camp to get a motor. I wonder what the camera guy was riding while he filmed this? He wasn't walking the whole time that they were trappin'! This show is the biggest farce that I have ever seen. All done with it. They are insulting the intelligence of all who watch. That's alls I can stand, I can't stands no more!!! Yuck!!! :angry9:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

captin_hook

When they kept showing the rifle the kid was sighting in and the rifle he shot the deer with I was getting so mad. There are your average people watching this show that have no clue about firearms that don't notice that they were different guns . Then when he was tracking the deer at one point he had a shotgun. Also when the Alaskan guy was walking his miles back to his snow mobile, where was the engine??? It magically appeared all of a sudden. That last episode made me sick. The producer and editors of this show should get fired.

Hognutz

Agreed!! It can't go away soon enough..

lightsoutcalls

And the point of the show was to inform the viewing audience about the vanishing lifestyle of the mountain man? 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Hognutz

Quote from: gatrapper on June 03, 2012, 09:25:55 AM
  The only guy worth watching is the Alaskan.

He sure isn't making a living on trapping. He hasn't caught anything, yet. In the real world, he would starve/freeze  to death in a matter of weeks. He is an accident waiting to happen.. :TrainWreck1:

PANYHunter

I watched a couple episodes but am not a big fan. It's the production of the show that I don't like more than anything. I hate that they keep showing the same tame bear all the time like he is going to attack any minute. If you are looking for a good mountain man show check out Dick Proenneke movie that is on PBS occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_Mike

terrible show, guy says he has never missed a deer & its someone elses fault? Keep saying its cherokees tricks etc. If I was in Alaska I would have a new sled, not a broken down junk one. Terrible cant watch again.  Mike