OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How did your season go?

Started by Deputy 14, May 20, 2012, 09:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

I know some guys are still hunting but most are again waiting for next year. Just curious how everyone did. I had a tough year here in southern WV. Very few birds gobbling here and when I did finally call one in I had a primer fail to detonate and couldn't get that next round chambered before he disappeared. Oh well,  there's always next year. Hope all did better than me.

TrackeySauresRex

Theres still some time left here in the north east. I had an awesome time this spring. I didn't get out as much as I would have like too. I hunted with a good friend in N.Y state on some beautiful land. I'm glad I was able to call one up for him,he rarely gets out. We harvested two mature Toms there, it was great. We had constant action for 4 days. We wound up blowing a couple of setup's as well.
Me and my son doubled in N.J. with 2 great birds, and I was also able too shoot a mature bird in the northen part of the state.
No Pa. season for me this year do to cut backs. Overall it was a safe,happy hunting season with family and good friends.. Lots of yard work and honey do's to catch up on now.
;D

Thank You
:cross2:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Spring_Woods

Pretty well actually. It started off well, a good friend and I went to Kentucky and on opening day he killed a nice bird. Then the first Saturday (Ohio) I killed one he called up, then 4 days later I killed another...tagging out for the season.

As mentioned, the honey do's and other chores that were neglected now need attention. :( but the good news is- it's golf season until deer season! :D
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

BowBendr

I heard more gobbling this year than i've heard in a long time. It didn't result in a lot of shooting, but I was in the game every hunt and came home happy and safe. I learned a lot and even got to hear a mature hen gobble at me while limb hopping in a tree at mid-day. A great season.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Still have one more trip back to the upper north east but, truthfully, im ready for it to be over.

It was a good year from the beginnings in Tennessee til this point.  Saw plenty of birds gobble their last gobble but the accelerated spring has kill and called in numbers slightly down from most seasons between my brother and I.

We worked hard for our birds, those we guided for children and for charity. Incredibly gratifying and worthwhile!

Wingbone

Best year ever for me, because I finished my first Grand Slam. Even without completing the slam, it was an awesome season.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

bigredneck61088

Tougher year for me with the spring being early, and only small chunks of land to hunt... not alot of run and gun action for me. Went to southern ohio and was able to double on longbeards with one of my best friends, so it ended well, learned more this year about birds than i have in the past!! It was a fun but tougher season

dlquinn

My season was pretty good...did not get a bird but this was my first year and I learned allot. I had three solid chances to get a bird...one was a miss and the other two were just mistakes on my part that stopped the tom from getting into a good shooting range.

I was hunting public ground CA and was able to not only locate but be on the birds everyday out but two...so overall I am pleased with what I was able to accomplish. Really learned the terrain of the area I was hunting as well.

I think it set me up for a good season next spring or maybe even this fall.

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

earlybird

This year was one of the best for me in quite a while.I started out in KY with a nice bird and called another in for a buddy but he moved at the wrong time and spooked him.Back home to north-central WV i filled both of my tags by the 2nd week,then called in 4 more birds for other friends.All of them were really good birds.

chipper

It was a good season for me,I tagged out with 4 mature birs in Tn. And called up 2 for my twelve year old, which he harvested, his first 2 birds ever.

West Augusta

Best year yet.  I tagged two Easterns here in north central West Virginia and my first Rio in Kansas.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Tail Feathers

I had a great trip to TN with some friends.  I killed one there.  It was tough hunting and those hills kicked my flatlander behind!  :z-dizzy: :TooFunny:
I tagged out on opening day at home and took a friend out a week later and called one up for him.  That was a thrilling hunt.
I got my heart rate up a few times and got a couple of birds so I call it a great success! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

wvboy

I killed 6 in 3 states (2 TN, 3 VA, 1 WV) and called 5 others to the gun to die .. also called in a few more that were missed.. so a pretty good year .. didn't hunt nearly as much as I have in the past ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

deerhunt1988

Best season I've ever had. Wound up with 10 longbeards in 5 states and completed two public land single season grand slams. We hit the birds perfect in Florida to start off the season. We killed 6 Osceolas in 6 mornings. Next up was MS where I got two and missed two more. Birds shut down real early though thanks to the early spring. The opener in Missouri came up next and I got one..We went back 9 days later to fill our second tags but little gobbling was going on (thanks again early spring!) Kansas was good to me as I got my limit in 3 1/2 days. Then we finished up with our first visit to Nebraska. Got my 3 bird limit there and dad got one too.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff