OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How did your season go?

Started by Deputy 14, May 20, 2012, 09:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Gregg

Not too good for me.
I am going to have to start looking for some more stomping grounds apparently.

Rio Fan

I just filled my 4th and final tag yesterday.  Overall, it has been a great season.  I also watched my dad kill one and my buddy killed one with me and also missed one.

chbarnha

This year was a tough on in Surry, and Prince George County Va. First morning had 12 birds gobbling on the roost, got setup bout 80 yards from the one in the best position to wack early. Sat 80 yards from this bird till 10:30 in the morning gobbling nonstop at any and every noise and he stayed in the tree. Went to the same farm three days later and heard a whopping 2 birds roosted together. Ended up killing one of those that morning with a 10 inch beard and 3/4 spurs. Went in there a week later and heard his counterpart gobbling in the same island of trees. He flew down straight away from me and crossed the road next to the cutover and entered a horse pasture, slipped all the way around him took about forty five minutes and called him in, an identical twin to the one he has been roosting with. OVerall its been a tough year, and the birds didnt seem to work as well as prior years. oh well now we get to look forward to next year and get everything ready for them again. haha so much work for a month of fun. Now onto my project for the year, fixing a 3" 20 guage for my girl and me to shoot. She says she wants to try it. Haha we will see

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

WildTigerTrout

Early the season here in my part of Pennsylvania seemed to be pretty good. I killed a nice gobbler the first week and the birds seemed to gobble some. The last couple of weeks it has been very quiet here. I'm having a hard time trying to fill my second tag. I have covered alot of ground "running and gunning" but can't seem to get one fired up. Some may disagree but I think the early spring had them breeding early.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

steveo

Pretty well, I set out to see my daughter get to harvest her first spring gobbler and she did  ;D me on the other hand had a OK season.....only harvested 1 longbeard. My bird was a odd it's beak was deformed and he only weighed 13lbs even though his craw was filled with acorns???. had lots of encounters but no deal closers. Still a day out in the spring woods is better than working always. I am looking forward to next year !!!! redemption on the ones that wouldn't play !. :angry9: