turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Va. 2012 TURKEY CAMP AND SEASON

Started by GOLD HUNTER, May 15, 2012, 05:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Guys I finally got some time to write up the story of our 25th. camping/turkey trip 2012.

We started out at 10:00 a.m.  on April 11th and headed toward the National Forest mountains of VA in Craig County.  We got there and parked the camper and unhooked it.  We preset up the camp for our 18 day stay and went to bed early and finished setting up the camp on Thursday, April 12th.  We went out on Thursday & Friday and listened for birds and completed the camp that afternoon.

Opening day started at 4:00 AM.  Although we all heard birds low on the mountain on Thursday and Friday, it was not a good day to set up and kill a bird for the 1st day.  Most of the birds were high on the mountain.
Sunday, April 15th we had our annual family/friend BBQ cookout.  All the guys at the camp provided the chicken and everyone else attending was to bring a covered dish. We had a total of 17 people there when we said grace before eating and we had a lot of food. The kids had time to play in the creek and we all had time of fellowshipping together.

We all heard birds and killed a few nice ones and here are a few pictures of our camping trip.

We had a great time and I am unable to tell it all but this may be the last camping trip.

Richard is 67 and was the man that took me out under is wing 25 years ago. This year he has not been in the best of health and only hunted a few days. He has been to the Doctor a few times, Richard had to go and have some testing done just before we all went to camp and he may have prostate cancer and its not looking good.  I ask that you pray for him and that the test come back good.

Brian

Devastator

congrats,i wish i could take out the man that got me into this addiction.

tomstopper

Congrats and my prayers are sent for Richards health and recovery.

honker22

Prayers sent. Congrats on the memorable trip
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

vaturkey

Looks like a great time at Turkey Camp ! Congrats on the gobblers ! Prayers sent for your friend Richard.

God Bless 

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Mailman

looks like you had a good time. prayers are sent for Richard. I see one problem. I"m not in any of the pics. Now your mail will be forever late.  :TooFunny:
One Shot One Kill

Hognutz

Way to go, Brian.. You guys really know how to roll. Congrats onthe nice gobblers and prayers said and sent for Richard.. Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

Outstanding !!! Keep up the good work .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

HARDCORE

Brian, congrats to you and everyone at Turkey Camp.

Looks and sounds like you fellas had a blast again this year, that's what it's all about.

Hope all works out for the best, prayers sent.

HC

TRKYHTR

Looks like alot of fun. Wheres the screaming ankle biter? Prayers for your buddy.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

CASH

Brian, that is one of the posts I look forward to every year. Congrats to all on the hunts.

Hope all turns out well for Richard.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

archery1

Quote from: vaturkey on May 15, 2012, 09:03:46 PM

Looks like a great time at Turkey Camp ! Congrats on the gobblers ! Prayers sent for your friend Richard.

God Bless 

Take a kid hunting

870FaceLift

That's what it's all about right there!  Thanks for sharing the pics, looks like a great time in camp.  Prayers sent for your buddy.
Pass it on...

GSLAM95

Looks like a good time Brian, Richard will be in our prayers and I would bet that he would want you to carry on that turkey hunting camp tradition no matter what fork in the road is ahead....

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.