OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Hunting Hat

Started by VGJ5, May 15, 2012, 01:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VGJ5

Well, my buddy and I ran into a big old 5 1/2 foot timber rattlesnake at the end of March.  It's the first one I've seen on our land, but it sure did creep me out.  My buddy spotted it first, and I had to stare at it for a while just to let my eyes adjust.  But when they did, I said "SHOOT IT!"  That's a picture of my buddy with the snake below.  He made a nice addition to my hunting hat and the metal sheath for my hunting knife  ;D.

"Turkey hunting is a series of instant tactical decisions that are invariably irreversible."
- Colonel Tom Kelly

mikejd

Real cool. Hat looks great.

GSLAM95

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

redarrow

Good snake. He's dead. nice hat. If I didn't say it before  :wagon: to OG

ceejay

That snake had some nice spurs  ;D

Eric Gregg

Quote from Indiana Jones

"Snakes, I hate snakes"
:fud:

wvbirdtracker

Thankfully don't have to deal with that in my neck of the woods.... copperhead, maybe but not rattlers....YUCK!

VGJ5

Quote from: ceejay on May 15, 2012, 10:01:03 AM
That snake had some nice spurs  ;D

LOL!!!

Quote from: wvbirdtracker on May 15, 2012, 12:12:59 PM
Thankfully don't have to deal with that in my neck of the woods.... copperhead, maybe but not rattlers....YUCK!

Yeah, I didn't think we had those either.  At least the first one I discovered was asleep!  Cottonmouths, on the other had, are common.  I saw something that I thought was a fish stuck in a puddle when we were turkey hunting late in the season.  I ushered my dad over, and when we walked up to the puddle, I saw the MONSTER cottonmouth slither out and the younger one jump in a puddle.  He didn't want me to take a shot because it was prime gobbling time (and to his credit, a bird did gobble close on the other side of the road, about 2 minutes later).  I kept throwing sticks in the puddle to try and coax the smaller one out, so I could take a throw with my knife, but he said "no sir, come on in," which I was NOT going to do.

Quote from: redarrow on May 15, 2012, 09:39:28 AM
Good snake. He's dead. nice hat. If I didn't say it before  :wagon: to OG

Thanks!
"Turkey hunting is a series of instant tactical decisions that are invariably irreversible."
- Colonel Tom Kelly

blackmagic

If we shot at every snake we saw down here, there wouldn't be any other hunting going on.  Rattlers, Pygmy Rattlers, Cottonmouths and all the others.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Pretty snakes here in central bama! All the snakes listed above I don't worry about except for them darn cotton mouths those suckers are quiet and aggressive!!!!

Thunderbolt

Thats pretty  cool....

tomstopper

I really hate snakes but do like the hat. Very cool.

redrivergar

I like the hat but I hate snakes. Yeah I know they serve a purpose and I don't go out of my way to kill one but they still creep me out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoHunter

Nice hat band and big snake!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase