only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Hunting Hat

Started by VGJ5, May 15, 2012, 01:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigredneck61088

VaTuRkStOmPeR

What a waste of a snake.

I can see killing one that resides in close proximity to people but any snake I come across in the woods is safe.  They have their place in the ecosystem as a top predator in the food chain.

VGJ5

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on May 17, 2012, 07:18:07 PM
What a waste of a snake.

I can see killing one that resides in close proximity to people but any snake I come across in the woods is safe.  They have their place in the ecosystem as a top predator in the food chain.

That one has his place in the ecosystem: around my hat.  One less snake that can kill me while I crawl around on the ground in the dark is an improvement.  I don't mind pythons, but all the vipers can die.
"Turkey hunting is a series of instant tactical decisions that are invariably irreversible."
- Colonel Tom Kelly

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: VGJ5 on May 18, 2012, 02:40:29 AM
Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on May 17, 2012, 07:18:07 PMWhat a waste of a snake.

I can see killing one that resides in close proximity to people but any snake I come across in the woods is safe.  They have their place in the ecosystem as a top predator in the food chain.

That one has his place in the ecosystem: around my hat.  One less snake that can kill me while I crawl around on the ground in the dark is an improvement.  I don't mind pythons, but all the vipers can die.

I suppose it's the snakes fault that you're crawling around in the dark in its habitat, too.  Ironic how your disgust with the encounter is directed towards the snake instead of recognizing that you create the opportunity to interact with such an animal by immersing yourself in nature.....

I guess all potentially lethal animals in land and marine environments (sharks especially)should be subjected to such a fate according to your thought process.  Cracks me up how the same group of people who champion "conservation" and stewardship are the same guys that arbitrarily kill non-game animals that they fear.

Btw, less than 7 people a year die from a snakebite in the US.  Your chances of dying from a snakebite are 1 in 50 million.  Your chances of dying from a dog attack are 1 in 128,000.  Better carry that shotgun in the low ready position on your next walk through a residential area. ;)

catdaddy

Love the hat dude!!   BTW---you can't make everybody happy.

VGJ5

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on May 18, 2012, 02:57:30 PM
I suppose it's the snakes fault that you're crawling around in the dark in its habitat, too.  Ironic how your disgust with the encounter is directed towards the snake instead of recognizing that you create the opportunity to interact with such an animal by immersing yourself in nature.....

I guess all potentially lethal animals in land and marine environments (sharks especially)should be subjected to such a fate according to your thought process.  Cracks me up how the same group of people who champion "conservation" and stewardship are the same guys that arbitrarily kill non-game animals that they fear.

Btw, less than 7 people a year die from a snakebite in the US.  Your chances of dying from a snakebite are 1 in 50 million.  Your chances of dying from a dog attack are 1 in 128,000.  Better carry that shotgun in the low ready position on your next walk through a residential area. ;)
You're entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is . . . only an opinion.  There's no need to hijack my thread and rant about your 'save-the-snakes' campaign.  You have the option of not posting.    

Predator control is an important part of wildlife management too.  I know you're a strong advocate of snake, coyote, bobcat, sasquatch, etc. preservation, but it seems a bit hypocritical to me.  You have no problem boasting about killing several turkeys each year, yet you berate me for killing one snake.   ::)  You justify killing one animal over another by its arbitrary "game animal" label, but by your logic we shouldn't kill any animals at all.  

We also farm our land, as my family has done for generations.  I would not like that snake to bite my mom in the hand while she's planting a field or a tree.  Yeah, she might not die, but she could, and I'd rather not take the chance.  I would rather it not bite her, or me, or anyone else at all; I now know for sure that that one will not.
"Turkey hunting is a series of instant tactical decisions that are invariably irreversible."
- Colonel Tom Kelly

VGJ5

- Colonel Tom Kelly