turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My season is over

Started by cannonball, May 14, 2012, 09:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

I'm done for the year, season closed Sunday here in Tennessee. I'm a little sad it's over, but this showed up in the mail today to cheer me up.

TRKYHTR

Thats really nice. Who made it?

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

cannonball

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 14, 2012, 09:57:28 PM

TRKYHTR

Billy Buice, it's Osage.

jbrown

Awesome trumpet Eddie, you goin to love it!!! I've got 1 more hunt in the mornin.....I hate to see it end!!

TRKYHTR

Quote from: cannonball on May 14, 2012, 10:06:25 PM
Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 14, 2012, 09:57:28 PM

TRKYHTR

Billy Buice, it's Osage.

Anybody have his contact info?

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

drenalinld

That is SWEET, Eddie!! I see a Buice in my near future!

savduck

How does she run Eddie? Looks like a number 4 stuck in the end.

Joe, I've got his number.

1-770-735-2654
Georgia Boy

ccleroy

Yep that be a #4, good choice on te Osage , love mine!! My next from him is in desert ironwood. Get em' while you can, great trumpet from a one and only.

savduck

Yeah Ricky you got that right. I like the ways yours sounded when I ran it. Nice lanyard.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: savduck on May 14, 2012, 10:59:27 PM

1-770-735-2654

It sounds real good. I got a #3 and #4 mouthpiece with it. Here's a neat little story about this call... I spoke to Mr Bucie on the phone before I ordered it and he was telling me about the history of the Osage wood he had and where it came from. The tree that was used for my call came from an area of Georgia that was rich in Cherokee history. When he told me that, I knew this was the call I was supposed to get. My Great Grandfather on my Mom's side was full blooded Cherokee Indian. When I told Mr. Buice about that he informed me that he had Cherokee blood in his veins as well. We talked a while about our family's history. We are both very proud of our Cherokee ancestry. I was extremely impressed when the trumpet arrived. It glows in the sunlight to the point it almost doesn't look like real wood. If anyone reading this doesn't have one of Mr. Buice's trumpets, I suggest you order one. I can promise you that you will not be disappointed in his calls.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: cannonball on May 15, 2012, 08:24:43 PM
Quote from: savduck on May 14, 2012, 10:59:27 PM

1-770-735-2654

It sounds real good. I got a #3 and #4 mouthpiece with it. Here's a neat little story about this call... I spoke to Mr Bucie on the phone before I ordered it and he was telling me about the history of the Osage wood he had and where it came from. The tree that was used for my call came from an area of Georgia that was rich in Cherokee history. When he told me that, I knew this was the call I was supposed to get. My Great Grandfather on my Mom's side was full blooded Cherokee Indian. When I told Mr. Buice about that he informed me that he had Cherokee blood in his veins as well. We talked a while about our family's history. We are both very proud of our Cherokee ancestry. I was extremely impressed when the trumpet arrived. It glows in the sunlight to the point it almost doesn't look like real wood. If anyone reading this doesn't have one of Mr. Buice's trumpets, I suggest you order one. I can promise you that you will not be disappointed in his calls.

Just got off the phone with Mr Buice. I ordered my own Osage trumpet that came from the Cherokee village. After reading cannonballs story about it I had to have one. My great grandmother was full blooded cherokee indian from OK. Billy seems like a great guy and I can't wait to get my call.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

jbrown

Congrats Joe, you'll like it I'm sure!!

savduck

Congrats Joe, I know you make your own fine trumpets, but Mr. Buice is one of the originals. You will love it. The gobblers do back flips over it. It will be collectible one day.

PS. I was gifted one of your afezalea burl trumpets. She sounds sweet.
Georgia Boy

Basser69

That is a great looking yelper Eddie! I do not own one but I will for sure have one. Thanks for sharing the pic and story

ccleroy

Yep same Osage peice I received mine from, the story behind it waits amazing ,it is a beautiful trumpet but full of turkey.....Del just wait till you see the next one my " maker " sends me ......lmao!!!