turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My season is over

Started by cannonball, May 14, 2012, 09:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

You must be about to take possession of that Steve Mann. I got to get me one of those.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

I guess i will be the only one without a Buice?  That has got to change. I think i need two!

Steve Mann? Now that's a long box!!

Gut_Pile

Great looking call. You will love it. I have two. One made of cocobola and the other made of authenticated olive wood from Jerusalem. The olive wood will be here next week. I can't wait to try it out.
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

ccleroy

Quote from: savduck on May 17, 2012, 06:58:12 AM
You must be about to take possession of that Steve Mann. I got to get me one of those.

Tick,Tock............. :you_rock:

savduck

Quote from: Gut_Pile on May 17, 2012, 09:10:19 AM
Great looking call. You will love it. I have two. One made of cocobola and the other made of authenticated olive wood from Jerusalem. The olive wood will be here next week. I can't wait to try it out.

Will, your gonna love that olive wood Buice. To my ear they play the best of all his I've blown. That's what mine is. I had to have it after running Andy's.
Georgia Boy

Gut_Pile

Mr. Del. I have run Andy's and love it. I need another two drop lanyard for it when you get a chance.
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

savduck

Got ya one. Send me some spurs to weave into it for you.
Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 15, 2012, 09:21:59 PM
Quote from: cannonball on May 15, 2012, 08:24:43 PM
Quote from: savduck on May 14, 2012, 10:59:27 PM
How does she run Eddie? Looks like a number 4 stuck in the end.

Joe, I've got his number.

1-770-735-2654

It sounds real good. I got a #3 and #4 mouthpiece with it. Here's a neat little story about this call... I spoke to Mr Bucie on the phone before I ordered it and he was telling me about the history of the Osage wood he had and where it came from. The tree that was used for my call came from an area of Georgia that was rich in Cherokee history. When he told me that, I knew this was the call I was supposed to get. My Great Grandfather on my Mom's side was full blooded Cherokee Indian. When I told Mr. Buice about that he informed me that he had Cherokee blood in his veins as well. We talked a while about our family's history. We are both very proud of our Cherokee ancestry. I was extremely impressed when the trumpet arrived. It glows in the sunlight to the point it almost doesn't look like real wood. If anyone reading this doesn't have one of Mr. Buice's trumpets, I suggest you order one. I can promise you that you will not be disappointed in his calls.

Just got off the phone with Mr Buice. I ordered my own Osage trumpet that came from the Cherokee village. After reading cannonballs story about it I had to have one. My great grandmother was full blooded cherokee indian from OK. Billy seems like a great guy and I can't wait to get my call.

TRKYHTR

Got my Buice Osage trumpet today. I got a #4 and a #2. I wanted to try both ends of the spectrum. They both sound great. The #2 is just a little higher pitched. I guarantee you I could kill a turkey with it, today.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

ccleroy

Good to hear Joe, he makes a killer trumpet!

savduck

That's great Joe. I've got a 3 and 2. The birds this year liked the number 3. I'm gonna get another one and get it with a 4 just to have one.
Georgia Boy

jbrown

Congrats Joe, Mr Billy makes great trumpets! I just got a couple new ones today. I bought my first trumpet from him in 1999....I've had great luck with it!!!

cannonball

Quote from: jbrown on May 29, 2012, 08:09:03 PM
Congrats Joe, Mr Billy makes great trumpets! I just got a couple new ones today. I bought my first trumpet from him in 1999....I've had great luck with it!!!

What did you get Jim?

jbrown

Eddie, just got olive wood and osage. Both are awesome!

cannonball

How does the olive wood sound compared to the osage?

jbrown

Eddie, the olive trumpet is a little louder, higher pitched, and sharper soundin, the osage sounds smoother and more mellow. Both will be gobbler killers!