turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Why the 835?

Started by RagingRoyal, April 22, 2012, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingRoyal

I see a whole lot of people on this site that are shooting the 835's with some AMAZING results.  But my question is why is everyone shooting the 835 over 935?  I figured most people prefer an auto to a pump, and when it comes to Benelli it seems everyone is choosing SBE I and II over the Nova and Supernova.

What makes the 835 such a turkey slayer?  Any input is appreciated.
This space is for rent.

Bossmoss

I just bought the 935 and conldn't be happer. My guess would be the 835 costs less and shoots just as good. They shoot so good 2nd shoot isn't needed.

RagingRoyal

I also have a 935 and love it too.  I was just curious as to why it seemed like people prefered a pump to an auto.
This space is for rent.

Rockhound

for me its the capability to shoot 2-3/4 shells

davisd9

Just have always liked a pump better.  Less things to cause a problem.   Would not trade my 835 for anything!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ILIKEHEVI-13

Because they typically shoot better tham most 12GA guns on the market.  They are priced right, and most people can afford them without having to tie up a lot of money that some may not have or want to spend.  The 835 has been my best shooting shotgun I have owned or shot.  I owned a Browning 3.5" Gold  semi-auto that was a great shotgun.  But the 835 simply put would out shoot it.  So I sold the Browning after buying the 835.  No the 835 wasn't the shotgun that the Browning was, but it worked flawlessly and still does and it's nice to know that you got one of the best shooting shotguns that you can take in the turkey woods. 

FloppinTom

I have both the 835 and the 935, both shoot great. the 935 has less recoil and offers a quick follow on the rare occasion you would need one. 835's are cheaper but ill take the 935 any day.
Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.

RagingRoyal

Thanks for the info.  I didnt know if there actually was a difference in the way they were shooting and the patterns they would throw.
This space is for rent.

goblr77

The 835 is the best patterning shotgun for the money. That's why you see a lot of them around.

chatterbox

Love mine! Great shotgun.

gtrjames

because Mossbergs pattern so well....they developed the 3 1/2 mag, and they opened up the bore in a 12 ga to where it handles the big magnum shot charges....they are still a family owned business if I recall correctly...and as others have stated they don't break the bank.
I like semi autos, but if I needed a pump turkey gun I would buy Mossberg in a heartbeat.

yelpy

I may have to get mine rigged up with all this talk about the 835. Mine was used one time turkey hunting and once for geese.

A friend of mine has been through 2 935's and both were problem childs.

stinkpickle

I'm guessing the biggest reason you're seeing more people shoot the 835 is because it's been around a LOT longer than the 935.

goblr77

Quote from: yelpy on April 22, 2012, 11:07:15 PM

A friend of mine has been through 2 935's and both were problem childs.

Mine was too. I bought one right when they hit the market and got rid of it. I'm assuming they have the kinks worked out being a lot of people that have newer 935s seem to really like them.

dirt road ninja

The # 1 reason is PRICE. Followed again by PRICE. The 835/935 shoot, but you gain nothing in your pattern with the 935. They both throw nasty patterns and a lot of folks would rather spend the extra money elsewhere. Wal-Mart was selling the 835's for $339.00. I've been pricing the 935's and the one I want is bumping $700.00.