News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A Little Rattled . . .

Started by HARDCORE, April 11, 2012, 09:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flydown

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 12, 2012, 01:32:51 PM
I'd have smashed it's head too, but I think some of you guys are way to scared of snakes.  

On the other hand I did enjoy what my buddy Bret said when he same as stepped on a big diamondback when we were hunting Rios'

"I screamed like a little girl and I ain't ashamed of it!"

We are defanitly not scared of snakes, we just don't want to put our hands on them. ;D

Last week we almost stepped on these two Copper heads but managed to see them first. ;)

CASH

Quote from: timb on April 12, 2012, 04:36:53 PM
not sure how you guys can hunt in areas infested with them slithering things.that would be the only thing that would ever make me stop turkey hunting.

Believe it or not, you really don't think about them until you see them.  Last week I killed a cottonmouth in some knee deep water we had walked through in the dark that morning.  Never gave it a thought until I saw him on the way out.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

chatterbox

DANG!!!!!
I applaud you guys for hunting down there with those slithering hypodermic needles. That's some scary stuff. I believe I would have to bring extra tighty whities if I hunted down there!

Flydown

Quote from: chatterbox on April 12, 2012, 07:08:52 PM
DANG!!!!!
I applaud you guys for hunting down there with those slithering hypodermic needles. That's some scary stuff. I believe I would have to bring extra tighty whities if I hunted down there!

Hahaha heck man, it's only 2 needles at a time, unless you run in to this fella!  ;D

Scared, nah, not scared, just cautious!

chatterbox

Ahhhhhhhh........ I think I'll just hunt with you guys....... That's one nasty looking snake!

HARDCORE

Quote from: Flydown on April 12, 2012, 07:12:52 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on April 12, 2012, 07:08:52 PM
DANG!!!!!
I applaud you guys for hunting down there with those slithering hypodermic needles.

Hahaha heck man, it's only 2 needles at a time, unless you run in to this fella!  ;D

Mike, I can assure you of one thing, you wont run into that particular fella.......DEAD!

HC

Preacher

Why doesnt someone make a camo the color of those 2 snakes??????????
Romans 8:37

HARDCORE

Quote from: Preacher on April 12, 2012, 03:29:20 PM
First of all, that snake is mad cause you killed a Mississippi turkey.   Heck all the snakes on your place are mad looking to strike you.   I hate to do it , but if you act real nice and sweet,  I will come over there several spring mornings in a row and bring my shot-gun to scare all the man-killing serpants away by shooting a turkey or two.    I am pretty sure thats the only way yall can ever hunt safely again.     

Your humble servant
Preacher

If I have another encounter like that anytime soon I may just take you up on your proposition.

Of course, we'll have to work out all of the details and specifics, you know, the fine print stuff.  ;D

HC

runngun

The only rattling going on would have been in my britches!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

BOFF

Glad y'all are ok.

A little to close for comfort. How cold was it that morning there?

Just wondering what would have happened if it was hotter?  :o

I think you need a little more practice with the stick though. How many stick shots did it take to kill it?

God Bless,
David B.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That is some scary stuff right there.  I'm glad we don't have a lot of rattlers around these parts. 

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Preacher on April 12, 2012, 08:33:12 PM

Do you want to get beat on the head with a stick then stomped on  ;D

Gooserbat

Quote from: Preacher on April 12, 2012, 08:33:12 PM

Quite simple, beause it dosen't have prety green leaves.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ghillie

Wowza!!!   Glad everything turned out for the better!!

barry

Been there...done that! Straddled a log one time while hunting and had a rattler coiled up between my feet. Not a good feeling!
Strange color phase, is that normal down your way?