OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A Little Rattled . . .

Started by HARDCORE, April 11, 2012, 09:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Half fast

Quote from: ctwny1 on April 12, 2012, 07:16:19 AM
Glad your both OK...Kill every one of then SOB's.
what he said :agreed:

HunterMan

I would have not thought of the stick till after I blew his head off

redarrow

I aint even watched the video yet and I got goose bumps.

870FaceLift

That could've been real bad.  That's a fat rattler.  Glad your buddy gave em the extra foot stomp at the end.  Never can be too sure  ;D
Pass it on...

CallMaker

That is way too close for comfort.  Wow!   There out there...I saw a copperhead laying up in an old hollow log about a week ago.   I moved on down the ridge and set up in a different location.   Great video....Glad nobody got hurt! 
Steven

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

headbanger

Quote from: pullit on April 12, 2012, 12:11:16 AM
I would have choked that sucker to death on heel dust when I took off running.....

my sentiments exactly :o I'd of then had to change my pants and find a nitro pill to stick under my tongue....glad yall made it out of that situation OK

Turkey Trot

Was it fairly cool out making him move slowly?

That might have been a big benefit.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

oklahomaboy

Well, the important think is your breathing!

Gooserbat

I'd have smashed it's head too, but I think some of you guys are way to scared of snakes.  

On the other hand I did enjoy what my buddy Bret said when he same as stepped on a big diamondback when we were hunting Rios'

"I screamed like a little girl and I ain't ashamed of it!"
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

REBELYELL

Man, that's too close for comfort. I don't know if I could hunt again this season after that encounter. Glad he didn't bite you my friend.

turkey_slayer

I love happy endings  ;D. Where's all the snake lovers that got mad when I killed that one last year  >:(

Preacher

First of all, that snake is mad cause you killed a Mississippi turkey.   Heck all the snakes on your place are mad looking to strike you.   I hate to do it , but if you act real nice and sweet,  I will come over there several spring mornings in a row and bring my shot-gun to scare all the man-killing serpants away by shooting a turkey or two.    I am pretty sure thats the only way yall can ever hunt safely again.     

Your humble servant
Preacher
Romans 8:37

CASH

Quote from: Preacher on April 12, 2012, 03:29:20 PM
First of all, that snake is mad cause you killed a Mississippi turkey.   Heck all the snakes on your place are mad looking to strike you.   I hate to do it , but if you act real nice and sweet,  I will come over there several spring mornings in a row and bring my shot-gun to scare all the man-killing serpants away by shooting a turkey or two.    I am pretty sure thats the only way yall can ever hunt safely again.     

Your humble servant
Preacher

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Devastator

not sure how you guys can hunt in areas infested with them slithering things.that would be the only thing that would ever make me stop turkey hunting.