OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bama 3 year old down

Started by HoggleGobble, March 20, 2012, 09:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggleGobble

Had one start gobbling at 4 PM and killed him 20 mins later. Houndstooth bronzed glass call is SMOKING!!!

Almost stepped on a Rattler at 3:30, and jumped back real quick as he rattled at me. Shot him and killed him at about 4 steps. Me and my buddy were gasping and talking about not believing what just happened. Then took our Gobbler Loungers and set them up against a big white oak for the next mornings hunt.. We set down to relax for a second and decided to play with our calls a bit. I was showing him the new Houndstooth Glass call I got, and he is new to turkey hunting so I was playing around with all the different types of hen turkey sounds, and this gobbler fired off about 100 yds behind us. We both said, "You have to be kidding!!" We turned around and went about 20 yds to another tree that had a better field of view behind us, and about 15 minutes later he strutted up to us with a girlfriend. A good 3 year old.

1 1/16" and 15/16" spurs, 20 lbs, and a 10 3/4" beard..
Score: 61.5

CT Spur Collector

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley:

Very nice going,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

redleg06

Man it's hard to complain about that!

JVA54

boomer

Congrats!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

bird

snuff can

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

timbrhuntr

remmy1187

Ol'Mossy