OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camping World Does Not Support Hunting?

Started by gobblezilla, March 16, 2012, 05:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblezilla

So it looks like Camping World has pulled it's support of Celebrity Apprentice because of the Trump Boys hunting photos! How can a business based around life in the outdoors alienate hunters like this.
Here is a link to thier customer service email site. Drop them a line and express your displeasure with the fact that they folded like a lawn chair under the thumb of ANTI's

http://www.campingworld.com/contactU...al%20Questions

Turkey Trot

In another forum, someone posted a response that they got on inquiry.  The response is stated below.  The response is on shakey grounds because the elephants were shot outside the US, which has an Endangered Species Act, and the US cannot regulate them.  They are not listed as endangered in the US because we don't have them.  There are treaties, such as the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES), and they are designated "threatened" at worst by someone else.  But the African countries allow managed commercial hunting because the money creates an economic incentive to propagate them and the landowners appreciate them for the money that comes to them in fees.  They did not do anything illegal or wrong. 

Moreover, no one can empirically prove that it is "bad" for the elephant population.  They are shooting older, mature, dominant bulls.  It takes from the top of the social pyramid, and makes room for another younger, more virile bull to take his place in the elephant herds.

Hunting has not been a recent problem for elephants.  Poaching and wars have been problems for elephants.

The CW response:

To clarify our position, Camping World as America's Largest Outdoor Company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Thank you,

Camping World Customer Care  

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

gobblezilla

Some other replys came back saying basicaly the same thing adding leopards into the mix as an endangered species. Niether the elephant nor the leopard are listed as "endangered". They are listed as "protected". This just basicaly means that hunting is heavily regulated but not against the law as you already stated. They also said in another response that they are neither "for nor against hunting". Sounds to me like that inbox is taking a beating and now they are on damage control. Send some more emails and show them we are more and more mighy than and Anti group!

mossy835

Quote from: gobblezilla on March 16, 2012, 05:15:24 PM
So it looks like Camping World has pulled it's support of Celebrity Apprentice because of the Trump Boys hunting photos! How can a business based around life in the outdoors alienate hunters like this.
Here is a link to thier customer service email site. Drop them a line and express your displeasure with the fact that they folded like a lawn chair under the thumb of ANTI's

http://www.campingworld.com/contactU...al%20Questions

Page appears to be blocked or taken down?

gobblezilla

PUNKS!!! Got the cajones to make "big decisions" but have the cajones to stand behing that decision and deal with the aftermath!! Just shove your head in the sand and pretend like it didn't happen and hope it goes away!! I don't think so Camping World.....your decision now you have to live with it!! Tell your friends

gobblezilla

Tell me if the link works now.. It is working on other sites so maybe its OG blocking the link no sure

http://www.campingworld.com/contactUsForm.cfm?&contactValue=General%20Questions

bird

Quote from: gobblezilla on March 17, 2012, 08:55:08 AM
Tell me if the link works now.. It is working on other sites so maybe its OG blocking the link no sure

Now that has to be one of the most ridiculous statements insinuating that OG may be blocking the link.  Conspiracy! Oh its a Conspiracy! Jumping to such conclusions is how ridiculous rumors get started.

PS.... The link opened for me just fine but maybe because OG has connections to the FBI, CIA, FEMA, NSA, GSA, IRS, ICE, and other governmental agencies that allow us Black Ops to view such sites.   :whip2:

GSLAM95

That link worked and I sent an email. Thanks

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

mikejd

Forget the emails I vote boycott. Just like did to those anti gunners radio shack.

joey46

E Mail + boycott.  FYI Camping World and the Good Sam Club have now merged.  The number of hunters that own and use trailers will be a lot larger than the number of nit wits from PETA/HSUS that I'm sure got this started.  Get this posted up on any hunting web site you read. 

bird

"I was not happy with the pictures that I saw," company CEO Marcus Lemonis explained to E! News. "It has nothing to do with whether people hunt or not. There was a photo of a leopard—they're endangered." (Per the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, leopards are considered "threatened" in Africa.)

"At the end of the day," Lemonis continued, "when you associate with someone, you have to deal with consequences that go along with them. Whether they hunt or not is irrelevant to me...I saw a leopard and an elephant [in the safari photos]. I wasn't crazy about that. This isn't anything personal against Donald Trump himself or the show. People are going to hunt. I know Trump himself is not an advocate of hunting. I just don't agree with what happened. I have a right to choose who I am affiliated with. We won't be a sponsor in the future."

Personally I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree here.  Camping World has made their statement that this has nothing to do with hunting but that they do not agree with the killing of the elephant or the leopard and that they have the right to pull their sponsorship based on that decision.  And at this time I will have to agree with them.

bird 

gobblezilla

HAHA!! No such accusations of conspiracy!! Just wasn't sure if it violated any of the rules is all!! The second link works just fine now roll out them emails and show support for our traditions and heritage!!
And hear is another email address fro the CEO of Camping World. Hit him up direct!!
mlemonis@campingworld.com
Quote from: bird on March 17, 2012, 09:30:46 AM

Now that has to be one of the most ridiculous statements insinuating that OG may be blocking the link.  Conspiracy! Oh its a Conspiracy! Jumping to such conclusions is how ridiculous rumors get started.

PS.... The link opened for me just fine but maybe because OG has connections to the FBI, CIA, FEMA, NSA, GSA, IRS, ICE, and other governmental agencies that allow us Black Ops to view such sites.   :whip2:

gobblezilla

The tastefulness of the photos is not what is in question here, I was not a huge fan either. The fact is that everyday more national sponsors have to succomb to pressure from anti groups because thier voice is louder than ours. The Trump boys hunting excursion was in NO WAY agianst any law. I don't think they are even associated with the show. If we continue to allow anti groups to dictate the manuvers of major corporation than we are losing. National sponsors need to know that we are as loud and many as the anti groups. And yes Mr. Lemois I also have the right to do business with who I choose.
Bird Leopards are listed as "protected". There are more than 500,000 leopards across thier ranges in Africa. Calling Leopards endangered is akin to calling wolves endangered in the US. Yes they are endangered in Alabama!!! But go talk to the folks in Montana!
Quote from: bird on March 17, 2012, 11:17:49 AM
"I was not happy with the pictures that I saw," company CEO Marcus Lemonis explained to E! News. "It has nothing to do with whether people hunt or not. There was a photo of a leopard—they're endangered." (Per the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, leopards are considered "threatened" in Africa.)

"At the end of the day," Lemonis continued, "when you associate with someone, you have to deal with consequences that go along with them. Whether they hunt or not is irrelevant to me...I saw a leopard and an elephant [in the safari photos]. I wasn't crazy about that. This isn't anything personal against Donald Trump himself or the show. People are going to hunt. I know Trump himself is not an advocate of hunting. I just don't agree with what happened. I have a right to choose who I am affiliated with. We won't be a sponsor in the future."

Personally I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree here.  Camping World has made their statement that this has nothing to do with hunting but that they do not agree with the killing of the elephant or the leopard and that they have the right to pull their sponsorship based on that decision.  And at this time I will have to agree with them.

bird 

Spring_Woods

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 16, 2012, 05:27:46 PM
In another forum, someone posted a response that they got on inquiry.  The response is stated below.  The response is on shakey grounds because the elephants were shot outside the US, which has an Endangered Species Act, and the US cannot regulate them.  They are not listed as endangered in the US because we don't have them.  There are treaties, such as the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES), and they are designated "threatened" at worst by someone else.  But the African countries allow managed commercial hunting because the money creates an economic incentive to propagate them and the landowners appreciate them for the money that comes to them in fees.  They did not do anything illegal or wrong. 

Moreover, no one can empirically prove that it is "bad" for the elephant population.  They are shooting older, mature, dominant bulls.  It takes from the top of the social pyramid, and makes room for another younger, more virile bull to take his place in the elephant herds.

Hunting has not been a recent problem for elephants.  Poaching and wars have been problems for elephants.

The CW response:

To clarify our position, Camping World as America's Largest Outdoor Company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Thank you,

Camping World Customer Care  

very diplomatic response. says nothing of their actions.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

joey46

If that is the company's stance my CW/GS membership will be terminated immediately.  These hunting issues are a "either you are with us or against us".  No wishy washy comments need be considered.  The libs are just giddy over the Limbaugh boycotts.  Time for them to see the shoe on the other foot.  You will find these people don't think much good about turkey hunting either.