turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camping World Does Not Support Hunting?

Started by gobblezilla, March 16, 2012, 05:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Come on guys... seriously think about it.  Camping World.... NASCAR..... NASCAR and all the Red Necks...... Red Necks and Hunting.  Why in the hell would Camping World be the PRIMARY SPONSOR for NASCAR Truck Series knowing that the MAJORITY of the NASCAR fans are HUNTERS!  I believe that their statement that they did not like the picture of the leopard and the elephant is why they pulled their sponsorship.  If you want to do more good... try getting everyone to stop going to Carrie Underwood concerts and buying her music.  Now there is an accomplishment that will do more good than anything right there if you want to send a message to the antis! 

joey46

Thanks - but I'll start with my CW/GS membership.  BTW - they haven't replied to my e mail to them.

gobblezilla

Bird The staement you are quoting was made after Mr. Lemonis original statement and is laced with damage control. He was originaly quoted by the Huffington Press as saying he found the photos disgusting and they would never get another nickel from him. Really? A picture of a man butchering an Elephant which will be donated to a local village as much needed protein is disgusting? What do you think he would say about your avatar? Do you think he would find it "disgusting" ?
Quote from: bird on March 17, 2012, 12:45:00 PM
Come on guys... seriously think about it.  Camping World.... NASCAR..... NASCAR and all the Red Necks...... Red Necks and Hunting.  Why in the hell would Camping World be the PRIMARY SPONSOR for NASCAR Truck Series knowing that the MAJORITY of the NASCAR fans are HUNTERS!  I believe that their statement that they did not like the picture of the leopard and the elephant is why they pulled their sponsorship.  If you want to do more good... try getting everyone to stop going to Carrie Underwood concerts and buying her music.  Now there is an accomplishment that will do more good than anything right there if you want to send a message to the antis! 

joey46

Quoted by the Huffington Press pretty much nails it for me.  This clown is trying to play both sides and doing a bad job of it.

bird

Quote from: gobblezilla on March 17, 2012, 01:03:00 PM
What do you think he would say about your avatar? Do you think he would find it "disgusting" ?

Ask him... I would be curious to what he would have to say.  Are they anti hunting altogether or is it just those safari pictures that they don't like?  As most of you all know, there is probably nobody more anti-anti than myself but right now I see nothing that shows that Camping World is pro-anti hunting.

gobblezilla

Bird I don't doubt your conviction against anti groups. But I think you're missing the point here. You tell me to ask him what he thinks of you're avatar. The point is had I showed it to him a week ago he would have said, "disgusting". But after all this backlash they are experiencing he would say "Camping World is neither for nor against hunting" He showed his true colors and now they are scrambling to cover them up!!

joey46

Finally received a reply to my e mail. Same old "endangered" nonsense.  These animals were legally taken.  My Good Sam and Camping World cards are heading back for a refund.  Again - you are either with us or against us - no wishy washy middle ground IMO.     

gobblezilla

Camping World CEO, Lemonis, held a press conference to adress to concerns of the hunting community on March 21,2012
http://professionaloutdoormedia.org/node/5783
Here are a story and transcripts of the press conference with Camping World CEO, Lemonis. It will explain Uncle Teds backing of Camping World. Looks like we stood up and we heard Lima Charlie!! Mr. Lemonis may be going on his first hunt this spring to try and take a long beard!! I would set him up with a Mossy 835 and some super hot hand loads just to teach him a lesson! LOL. I will be watching very close!!

30_06

Lemonis' reaction was a lack  of understanding? a lack of education? He had more of an adverse reaction than he should have? His comments/reaction were born out of frustration of non communication?

Why has there been no public retraction? Why are pro hunting posts being deleted from their facebook page? Why is there still non factual anti hunting comments posted on their page (by them)?.

It seems to me the "apology" to hunters is nothing more than pandering especially in light of the anti hunting sentiments still expressed on their website, as well as the lack of a public retraction.

Post a public retraction of your statements on your website/page, remove the anti hunting sentiments from your website/page, and make a donation to a pro hunting organization. If those conditions are not met I will not make any purchases from your store(s) again.

Trax

Quote from: joey46 on March 17, 2012, 12:34:02 PM
If that is the company's stance my CW/GS membership will be terminated immediately.  These hunting issues are a "either you are with us or against us".  No wishy washy comments need be considered.  The libs are just giddy over the Limbaugh boycotts.  Time for them to see the shoe on the other foot.  You will find these people don't think much good about turkey hunting either. 

I respectfully disagree here.
In certain countries, what passes for "legal" would never be allowed in the US.

If you have enough money, you could probably legally kill any animal, regardless of how rare it is or what protected status it may have, in some countries. That doesn't make it any more right in my opinion. Im much more inclined to believe the US Fish and Wildlife Service or CITES with regard to what should be taken.

Does that make me wishy washy or anti-hunting? I certainly don't think so.

joey46

Yes - he is pandering

Doesn't matter what is permitted in the U.S. - these animals were taken legally so his/your stance is wishy washy.   As for the CEO's first hunt it will be as phony as all the politicians staged duck hunts during an election cycle.