OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Banner (Updated 18MAR)

Started by anthonyjhallen, March 16, 2012, 09:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyjhallen

Here is what we have so far for this years banner.  I was thinking that it would be nice to show how many years you have been on the team and how many birds you have laid to rest while you have been with us.  So my wife came up with some icons to put on our banner to represent the two.  So if you have a silver icon that represents one year/bird, and if you have a gold icon that represents 5 years/birds.  

I have been on the team three years and killed three birds.  Here is what mine will look like.

The tracks represent years and the shells represent kills.

What do yall think?

When you reply with any suggestions, also state again for us how many years/birds you have under you belt so we can get your icons right.  When you reply I will post your banner.   :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

Looks Good .I was on last year so this would be my 2nd  and killed 2 birds but you can only score one .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: hookedspur on March 16, 2012, 09:40:10 AM
Looks Good .I was on last year so this would be my 2nd  and killed 2 birds but you can only score one .

You will get your second track at the end of the year.  It dont matter how many you can score.  You can only score one, but if you kill three the odds of the teams score being higher are better.  Make sense?

Here you are...

hookedspur

CRUSADERS

BOFF

Anthony,

Wouldn't you have 4 shells as this is your 4th year on the team?

Nothing wrong with what you have already, just my immediate thinking.

As for the number of turkeys taken, I'd prefer the number taken by the team for ALL the years there has been a Crusader team, as it focuses on the team and not the individual.  There were a lot more birds killed than only "one scorable bird per team member".

I know it would take some time to figure out and may not be totally correct, as you may not be able to contact some of the old members.  89 is just a random number.

Something like this: green arrows just mean to move stuff over.

God Bless,
David B.

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: BOFF on March 16, 2012, 10:59:07 AM

This is my third year if I remember correctly.  The first year we had the contest I was a Gobble King.

As for the number of turkeys taken, I'd prefer the number taken by the team for ALL the years there has been a Crusader team, as it focuses on the team and not the individual.  There were a lot more birds killed than only "one scorable bird per team member".

That was my initial thought but when I started trying to get an accurate count on the birds we have killed it was a little harder than I had first thought.  And with the great crash of last year it was almost impossible.  

You guys have to remember that I am a little brain washed with my 10+ years of military service.  Its all I know and I cant help but to relate almost every aspect of my life to my job.  And this is the way we do it in the Army.  We all wear US Army on our chests but we still get individual awards and accolades for individual achievment.  A Soldiers outstanding individual achievment makes the team better.

Just my point of view and a bit of a rant...... :lol:

Want say the rest of the team, individual or combined grand total?

redarrow

I like both ideas, but ,I would say Individual. I believe this is my 3rd year and I have only taken one gobbler in the time.

BOFF

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on March 16, 2012, 11:51:31 AM

This is my third year if I remember correctly.  The first year we had the contest I was a Gobble King.

So would you only have 2 tracks then?

Just confused as to hookedspur's 2 shells and one track for his 2 years on the team.

I think I'm missing something??? What's "Gobble King" ?

God Bless,
David B.

Woodsman4God

[/quote]

What's "Gobble King" ?

[/quote]

A gobble King is a member of the team that forced them to change the rules because we won it back to back years without much contest, I was a Gobbleking also.

As for me I am ok with it either way but I think individual like he posted is better, I was not a part of the team when it took most of those 89 birds or whatever amount it was.

As for my stats, 1 year and 1 bird, this will be my second year on the team.

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: BOFF on March 16, 2012, 01:34:02 PM
Quote from: anthonyjhallen on March 16, 2012, 11:51:31 AM

So would you only have 2 tracks then?

Just confused as to hookedspur's 2 shells and one track for his 2 years on the team.

I think I'm missing something??? What's "Gobble King" ?

God Bless,
David B.

Last year was hookedspur's first year.  So at the end of this year he will get his second track. 

anthonyjhallen

Here are the individual banners.  If there are mistakes let me know and we will get them corrected ASAP.

Remember silver track/shells count for 1 year/kill, and gold track/shells count for 5 years/kills.

Thanks for yalls patience.

redarrow

Woodsman4God

Looks Good and thank you for all the hard work once again now lets kill some Turkeys  :turkey2:

hookedspur

LOOKS GREAT !!! :drool: THANKS
CRUSADERS

BOFF

Quote from: hookedspur on March 18, 2012, 02:14:03 PM
How do I add it to my profile ? I forget ?

I believe this is the way:

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,9.0.html

*edit* beat me to it already.

Looks great Anthony!!

Thanks for helping me get things situated and figuring  out I was getting the shells and tracks reversed in the years and kills.

God Bless,
David B.