Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Comments on Some Forums Make me Shake MY HEAD!!!

Started by BrowningGuy88, March 14, 2012, 05:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

The comment in "What is your turkey combo?"

Remington 1187 Supermagnum with plain Federal Premium 3 1/2" no. 5s.It has a 28" barrel with a Remington Extra Full Turkey choke.If they are 65 yards and under they are flat out dead in there tracks.Tried other shells and did not have the same success.

Why the hell do we spend any money on Chokes and Hevi then?

mcgruff1533

mrlongbeard

There are some people that absolutely ,either exaggerate or definitely cant judge yardage

BrowningGuy88

Ny bet would be it is the choke that came with the gun, it got shot once at a can or pie plate at about 30 steps. Then he/she shot a turkey at ~65 steps, one pellet hit the spine and killed the bird - BOOM MAGIC COMBO!!!

devin4484

Never seen bashing on here before, but I can say my step dads 835 with factory turkey choke shoots the fed flight control no 5's 3.5 like no gun I've ever seen before.   It just plain shoots lights out!  I have witnessed him kill a couple birds at 60 yards no problem.

Cutt

I have the same 11-87 SM with the Remington choke, shooting Hevi-13 3.5 2.25 #6's and wouldn't even think about a 65 yard shot? Not sure if I'd ever even take a 50 yard shot to be honest?

stinkpickle

VaTuRkStOmPeR

DirtNap647

i agree there is a distance limit to shotguns but i dont agree when people dont like the fact a guy wants his shotgun to shoot like a rifle heres the thing my truck has a v8 engine do i need it no a v6 would prob. do the same thing but aint it nice to just know the extra power is there why criticize somebody for wanting his shotgun to shoot good...am i wrong saying this is just a fun hobby

WildTigerTrout

IMO ANY shot OVER 50 yards is a no-no with any gun and load including HTL. 50 yards is pushing it. 40 yards is max IMO.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tom Foolery

I had a guy tell me that his Remington 870 Super Mag could put "EVERY SINGLE PELLET" from a 3.5" #4 into a paper plate at 52yds.  His choke you ask, well I'll just give you guys the key to the pattern of your dreams...............

You need a Remington Super Mag + 3.5" #4's + a Hastings .640!

strutstopper

Some people have no clue.... last night on another website a guy claimed he consistently killed turkeys at 60 yards. He was asked what combo he shot. His response was an 870 with a tru glo choke and 3 inch Winchester supreme #4 lead.....

hunter-b

Five O

Quote from: Tom Foolery on March 14, 2012, 07:23:18 PM
I had a guy tell me that his Remington 870 Super Mag could put "EVERY SINGLE PELLET" from a 3.5" #4 into a paper plate at 52yds.  His choke you ask, well I'll just give you guys the key to the pattern of your dreams...............

You need a Remington Super Mag + 3.5" #4's + a Hastings .640!

You should laid a $100 in front of him a told him you bet it wouldn't put %50 in it.

reynolds243

Quote from: strutstopper on March 14, 2012, 07:35:07 PM
Some people have no clue.... last night on another website a guy claimed he consistently killed turkeys at 60 yards. He was asked what combo he shot. His response was an 870 with a tru glo choke and 3 inch Winchester supreme #4 lead.....

HA.....was going to post this very post when i saw the thread!