OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

HS Jake Decoy

Started by BigHooks, March 12, 2012, 10:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHooks

OK guy's I know it's not a DSD an alot of you don't even use decoys what do you all think I beleave it will work. And it also looks pretty good. What do you think..

northms

I think it looks great.  What was the price for that? Probably a lot less than DSD? 

Gobble!

For the price it looks great!
Any turkey decoy will work. People are far more particular then turkeys.

TNhunterKMC

The Woody and Jezebel are LOTS less that DSD.   Only problem I have with them is they're a little clunky hauling through the woods.  They're also quite loud banging against each other as you're carrying them and with their hard shell tend to be a little loud.   The DSD decoys being made from their somewhat pliable hard shell HAVE to be quieter.

BigHooks

$54.00 dallors... I don't think I done bad..

BigHooks

I'm not using the Jezebel using two other hen decoys no loud banging ..

sugarray

I looked at him a lot before deciding to go with the DSD.  I think he looks good and will bring in plenty of toms for you!!

:icon_thumright:

darron

what does the hen look like?

Rio Fan

The first thought that came to my head is guys are still killing birds with the foam Feather Flex decoys.  Not a knock against Feather Flex decoys, but that HS Jake looks way more realistic, so I'm guessing it'll work just fine.  I hope you have some great hunts with it.

ssramage

Looks good! I've been thinking about picking one up

eaglea1

My son had great responses to the woody last year.

okiegobblers

Just got an email today about a Primos Jake mobile on sale at Bass Pro for $25. Sounds like a good deal to me.

tha bugman

+1
Quote from: Rio Fan on March 13, 2012, 11:07:31 AM
The first thought that came to my head is guys are still killing birds with the foam Feather Flex decoys.  Not a knock against Feather Flex decoys, but that HS Jake looks way more realistic, so I'm guessing it'll work just fine.  I hope you have some great hunts with it.

Reloader

Looks pretty dang good to me.  For $54 I think you did real well.

The DSD does look better, as does the Zink and Dakota, but you aren't going to kill anymore turkeys with them than the Woody.

busta biggun

I think the decoy looks pretty good. My problem is it seems like they basically stole the body shape of the hen and the jake straight from Dave Smith Decoys. I think the paint looks way better on the DSD's but this is very close, but that is due to all the work that Dave Smith did. The posture of these decoys is important in bringing the turkeys in, particularly on the jake. But it seems to me that HS Strut just copied the DSD instead of building their own. It must be legal, but I feel it seems unethical. I feel that DSD deserves the business due to their innovative design. Just my .02.