OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Hevi 13 Lot number tests. Old vs New(update with different choke)

Started by Borden811, March 11, 2012, 08:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

I finally got to the range today to test the new lot number I got this year, vs. the old lot number I had. It was dissapointing to say the least. I shot my SBE II with a 26 inch barrel, and Jellyhead .660 in the tube. All shots were at a measured 40 yards, with temps in the low 60's, and a decent breeze blowing. I shot with the wind at my back. After I shot the first two shots, I shot one from each of the old lots to make sure something wasn't wrong with my gun(it was that bad). I shot the 7's and the 6's from this years lot numbers first, and then one from each of my good lot nunbers(2010)

This years shells
7's from lot # 300524        189
6's from lot # 300756          99

2010 year shells
7's from lot # 300324        304
7's from lot # 200514        258
6's from lot # 300159        233

Definately not what I was hoping for. I've got an Indian Creek on the way, that should be here tomorrow. Weather permitting I plan to shoot on Tuesday. When I do, I'll update the post with those number. I'm not shooting anymore of the good shells, except at turkeys, so the update will have pattern numbers from the two new lots numbers, and the IC. I've got my fingers crossed! On a side note, I shot a Winchester Supreme HV 3.5in 2oz load of 5's at 40 yards and had a count of 83. Not much worse than the Hevi 6's. I'm a little bummed at the moment.

chubbyone

That is a major difference. My SBE 2 likes the Indian Creek better than the Jelly head. Mine has the 24 inch barrel. Maybe that will do the trick. Good luck.

nyhunter

My 24" SBEII did better with a final strut .665 than the I.C .665 with everything except the win. elite xtend range #6's.

Borden811

The Indian Creek tube came today. I should have results by tomorrow. I'm still baffled by the huge drop off in numbers. I ecpected some, like maybe 50-60 pellets, but not 100-150. I'll post the numbers tomorrow evening, after I get to shoot.

msgobblergetter

worth612000

Sounds awful. I have 80 rds ordered that will be here Wed. I will be an unhappy camper if I have the same results.

Borden811

Gobble!

Wow 98 with the 6s. Might as well shoot #5 lead.

mossy835

Something is wrong that is too far off.

archery1

WOW... I GET THAT OUTTA 3" SHELLS
THAT IS HORRIBLE
Take a kid hunting

Borden811

I know. That's what I thought. That's why I shot some of my older shells. They shot fine. Im going to try the IC today with the new stuff and see how it goes.

Quote from: mossy835 on March 12, 2012, 09:49:44 PM
Something is wrong that is too far off.

nyhunter

Keep us posted I'm very interested because i got a box that had the 300700 lot number, and i have 3 brand new boxes with no,none,notta,zilch for lot numbers.

Borden811

Too windy to shoot to day. 15-20mph. Tomorrow looks perfect. I'll post results as soon as I get home from shooting. As to the lot numbers. How bout it, no numbers, we can't check, or complain with as much merit. If the IC doesn't shoot the hevi's well, I may be another headed for the winchester ER.

nyhunter

That's exactly what i thought when I saw they didn't have any lot numbers. Its to bad ENVIRON METAL dont get someone in there that give's a darn about there product to take over and straighten out that place.

Cutt

I also noticed a drop in numbers with this years Hevi-13 3.5 2.25 6's as compare to last year.

I'm getting an average of 30 less pellets at 40 yards this year with lot # 300787, but can't remember what lot # I shot last year, but they were definitely better?