OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Opportunity to go to Georgia

Started by Spring_Woods, March 08, 2012, 10:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring_Woods

We'll I have been blessed with the opportunity to turkey hunt this year in Georgia. A logger invited me to ride alone and hunt. I'm half tempted to I just don't know with work and def doing Kentucky this year.

Also, the prospect of missing work is not faring too well with the boss. Leave on Friday March 23rd and get back the next Friday.

What is the hunting like first week those parts? Alma, GA specifically.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

YELPA

GO!  Opener in Georgia is an annual trip for me.

Spring_Woods

Quote from: YELPA on March 08, 2012, 10:16:19 PM
GO!  Opener in Georgia is an annual trip for me.

Man I'm really, really trying. tbh, the price is just too good not to go. I mean it's a much better deal than the Kentucky trip and its private land. It's just the time. Gone for a whole week right now could cost me late spring/summer log supply.

On the flip side, I didn't take a vacation at all last year. In fact, I filled in at other locations while they took theirs! I could even get someone to fill in for me, at least unloading. 

Cove

Then it sounds to me like you're due a vacation and about time for someone to pick up the slack for you! The opening week in Ga is my favorite time.

DeadEye09

You gotta do it! The opening week here in Georgia is awesome, I don't think you will regret it :z-guntootsmiley:

I-55Bandit

Quote from: georgiaboy83 on March 09, 2012, 09:04:58 AM
Opener in Georgia is about the best hunting there is!
Posts like this make me even more excited than I already am. Hunting 1200 acres of private ground in Bartow County opening week

savduck

It should be good. Gobblers started fighting about a two weeks ago and split up. Been seeing single gobblers strutting and gobblers with hens so they should be ripe opening week.
Georgia Boy

Roostem33

If you can swing it you should go, I love S. Ga. for the first weeked. I will be a little North of Alma in Mt. Vernon Ga. Hope you get to go and good luck!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Turkey Trot

Quote from: Roostem33 on March 09, 2012, 11:41:43 AM
If you can swing it you should go, I love S. Ga. for the first weeked. I will be a little North of Alma in Mt. Vernon Ga. Hope you get to go and good luck!!!

Jody

Everyone knows that there are no turkeys in Montgomery County.

Are you going to Benton Lee's that night?
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Spring_Woods

Quote from: savduck on March 09, 2012, 10:06:51 AM
It should be good. Gobblers started fighting about a two weeks ago and split up. Been seeing single gobblers strutting and gobblers with hens so they should be ripe opening week.

Thanks. Now I know if I can't go it's really going to suck (knowing this) being at work instead all week!

swamp_bird89

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 09, 2012, 12:35:58 PM

Jody

Lee's sounds good right about now

Cove

Quote from: I-55Bandit on March 09, 2012, 09:25:59 AM
Quote from: georgiaboy83 on March 09, 2012, 09:04:58 AM
Opener in Georgia is about the best hunting there is!
Posts like this make me even more excited than I already am. Hunting 1200 acres of private ground in Bartow County opening week

Bartow is close.

Spring_Woods

You guys sound like every native when it comes to asking if there are a lot of turkeys around!

Btw- in Ohio you can only bag 2. In GA you can bag 3. ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Roostem33

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 09, 2012, 12:35:58 PM

Jody

Never tried it, I hear its good, but were usually so wore out we don't go anywhere.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Bustabeak

Quote from: Spring_Woods on March 08, 2012, 10:13:58 PM
We'll I have been blessed with the opportunity to turkey hunt this year in Georgia. A logger invited me to ride alone and hunt. I'm half tempted to I just don't know with work and def doing Kentucky this year.

Also, the prospect of missing work is not faring too well with the boss. Leave on Friday March 23rd and get back the next Friday.

What is the hunting like first week those parts? Alma, GA specifically.

If you Don't go tell him to call me! I'll meet him there! Just kidding.  I'm off the first week of the GA season so iif you can swing it you should definitely come visit us! I love the opening week of GA season.