OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Smartphone Choice

Started by bullet355, February 25, 2012, 11:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

NWBama

hookedspur

Quote from: magicman on February 25, 2012, 01:48:55 PM
Droid incredible 2. It has Google maps and gps on it. Which will make moving through the woods easy.
I have this and like it, easy to use .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bullet355

Wow I'm supprised at how many like the Iphone compared to the Droids.
From looking at post from about a year age I kind of expected an even split
or a little in favor of the Droids. This is why I wanted fresh opinions.
Thanks everyone keep em comming

sharxfan

I cannot believe that all my Old Gobbler brethrent have been brainwashed by the Big Bite. Here is my take on the iPhone and Droid.

If you want a phone that is simple to use and is controlled through one or two apps then the iPhone is probably for you.

On the other hand if you are a tinkerer and like to have things your way and not be told by big brother how you like your stuff done then I would say get an android. Their are a multitude of Andriod phones it also kind of depends on who your carrier is to determine which one to get. I have sprint so I have the HTC EVO and I like it and was looking to cash in on my upgrade but I do not see anything as of yet that catches my eye so I am sticking with the EVO.

One more thing if you are lucky enough to live in a 4G enabled area good luck getting 4G service with that iPhone seeing as it is not capable of getting 4G signal. Just about all Android phones are 4G ready.

Sorry I have a huge Anti-Apple bias in case you could not tell.

greenhead11

What one or two app control the phone . Looking at the i phone myself. Everyone I know that had a droid has the iphone now.

ground control

I have an iPhone 4s. Picture and especially video quality are absolutely wonderful. User friendly. Simple. One drawback is that it doesn't come with navigation, and the free ones don't seem too good. I had a droid incredible that had google navigation with street view. That thing was spot on. Really miss that, but then again this is coming from a fella that gets turned around in his backyard. Overall I'd still pick the iPhone.
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

drenalinld

iPhone 4s

There is some individual freedom with Droid phones. The draw-back is there are not many app choices and they are not protected. Apple has a flawless record for viruses. Droid does not. The price of freedom.

ubatch

Quote from: bird on February 25, 2012, 11:38:36 PM
sharxfan,

Sorry to disappoint you but the iPhone 4s is capable of utilizing 4G. Also my wife has the new android phone Motorola Razor and she has had several issues with her android service compared to my iPhone 4s which has had no issues to date and I have had my phone longer than her. I like the androids as I had one in the past but they dont even come close to being in the same league with the Apple iPhones specifically the 4s .

bird

Lol, im pretty sure (9.9999%) iPhone 4s DOES NOT have 4G capability. But, the 4G network is limited it a lot of areas and sucks battery life to boot.

As for navigation, the previous poster that said it lacks in it, I would agree. That is, it has good nav but not spoken turn-by-turn.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?eufllt

Garrett Trentham

I just got a commando by Casio. This thing is DA BOMB! Best part: highly shock resistant (you can drop it from 20 ft like three times) and it's water submersible to three feet for 30 minutes. I've tested it, its a beast. After ruining a couple phones by dropping them in the drink (or by dropping myself in the drink with the phone in my pocket) and by having them on my body while stuck miles from the truck in a torrential downpour, I decided it was time to upgrade.

I really like the android system and can deal with the 3G coverage so long as the phone is basically waterproof. It was an easy decision for me...

"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

bullet355

I looked at the Commando and I like it. I wish they had an updated 4g version.

deadhead870

Me and my wife have droid 3. The only thing about them is they turn back on some times when you turn it off and its not 4g but that dont really bother me.

mdtkyhntr

Get an iPhone and FTE mapquest app for free. Spoken directions in Navigation, and the iPhone is awesome.

sharxfan

Quote from: greenhead11 on February 25, 2012, 09:56:40 PM
What one or two app control the phone . Looking at the i phone myself. Everyone I know that had a droid has the iphone now.

If you think about it everything media related is run through the iTunes store. If you wnat an app the only place to get it is through the Apple store. Apple is very big on DRM rights management and it is hard to put any DRM free stuff on it.

Don't get me wrong I think the iPhone is great if that is your cup of tea but I have serious issues with the Apple business model and hate having someone tell me what I can and cannot do with my stuff therefore that is why I like Andriod. I can put a root kit on it if I want I can find apps and put them on if I want even though they have not been through the app store.

greenhead11

I have the incrediable now and   it seems that the some of the top rated free apps have problems and u have to uninstall and install again. I also like the navigation  on the droid . I guess they both have here pros and cons.