turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Smartphone Choice

Started by bullet355, February 25, 2012, 11:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring_Woods

I have a i4. Waiting for the 6th rev or iPhone 5. Supposed to be coming this fall.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

mrclif

Just got my first smartphone,  Iphone 4S , I like so far.

Waterman

Iphone 4S and Gum Pro battery backup are always with me in the woods.

goblr77

Quote from: mdtkyhntr on February 26, 2012, 10:30:33 AM
Get an iPhone and FTE mapquest app for free. Spoken directions in Navigation, and the iPhone is awesome.

I'm using Mapquest 4 Mobile. It talks and it's free as well.

jyoung

I have to jump on the band wagon here...I do Love my iPhone.  I was very spectile and my girlfriend made my get one and the rest is history! It's great. The apps and technology you can use for hunting is awesome.  I have not used a handheld GPS unit in the woods since I bought my iPhone.

Jonathan
Jonathan Young

OtsdawaRidgeRunner

Gz'one Commando by Casio.  It is a milspec phone (waterproof and shock/drop proof) especially if you are going to be bringing it into the woods.  I was at Buffalo Wild Wings the other day and my buddy put his into a full pitcher of beer, we drank the pitcher and we wiped it off and made a phone call.  He also washed it in the sink, and dried it under the hand drier.  It also has Gorilla Glass and he actually took his truck key, scratched the heck out of the glass and It didnt leave one mark.

BrowningGuy88

My wife has the IPhone and I have an HTC Inspire 4G.

If you ask her what she likes better she will say she hates my android system. I will say I hate her IPhone setup.

The HTC allows me to have 40 GB of memory and since I am on the go most of the time, I jsut load any files I might need on my micro SD and pop it in my phone and off I go. The guys here at work have both the Iphone 4S and several varieties of Android - the common opinion is that it depends on what you want from your phone as to what you will like better.

Personally, I will NEVER own anything Apple. With all that bias aside, I really do like my android operated HTC Inspire 4G!

mr meat

iphone 4s for me only had it 4 months but realy like it, anybody know what the app is to get old gobbler on my phone

bowhunter32

lol...love my droids..i have epic 4g touch.r...i get a new p :happy0064:hone every year..

MCase

Iphone 4s....This is coming from a long time Blackberry user.

RutnNStrutn

I've only had one smart phone, so I guess I'm no expert. :lol:
I've got a Droid X2 and I love it!!

Lunchbox

Quote from: bowhunter32 on February 29, 2012, 07:02:30 PM
lol...love my droids..i have epic 4g touch.r...i get a new p :happy0064:hone every year..

Thought i was gonna be the only one reppin android here. I've had a Hero for about 2 years now(rooted, of course), my wife has an iphone 4s, but i just don't like it as much. I'll probably get a galaxy or Evo when i upgrade in a month or so.

bullet355

Well I finally got my smart phone, I went against the majority and got an Andorid and I'll tell you my reasons:

I'm with verizon because they have the best coverage in my area. They are offering a double your data plan (pay for 2GB and get 2GB free) if you get a 4G phone (Iphone is not 4G). I wanted the extra 2GB since this is my first smart phone and I'm not sure how much data I will use.
I was also able to get a Motorola Droid Boinic Free :happy0064: during their leap day sale on line. The Iphone I believe was 299.99.
I hope I haven't made a bad decision because it will be 18 months before
I can up grade again. Maybe I'll go with the IPhone then.

magicman

Quote from: mr meat on February 29, 2012, 12:43:54 PM
iphone 4s for me only had it 4 months but realy like it, anybody know what the app is to get old gobbler on my phone
Tapatalk

mr meat