OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Smartphone Choice

Started by bullet355, February 25, 2012, 11:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saylfish

Have the razor the wife has the 4s. Both are good phones. IPhone has better camera and is simple to use. Its all in what you get used to. I do like the turn by turn Google maps on the
Droid. The new RAZR Max has a huge battery that will last probably double any other smartphone. The 4s is not 4g either. Can't go wrong with either platform.
IAFF 1377

Turkey Trot

What is the best monthly rate that one can get for a data/intermess plan for use of a smartphone?

What I have seen has been up near $100 a month.

I use standard phone with ATT, something like 500 minutes, and it is $40 or so plus all the baloney taxes.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

ubatch

Not sure about the best, but IMO Sprint is the way to go for pricing on a smart phone that requires premium data because they are one of the only carriers still with truly unlimited data without caps and overage charges.

Note: may be biased due to being with them for the past 2+ yrs, but the above fact is the reason why my wife and I switched.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ghp5w4

sharxfan

If all you call is other cell phones then Sprint has a $79 unlimited but seeing as I call a lot of land  lines for work I went with the $100 plan and it is nice never having to worry about a limit.

mason0366

I have a samsung galaxy driod. Realy like it. I had it two years.

Gobble!

I like my iPhone.
The 5 should be out sometime this year.

WFI79

My first smart phone was a droid. But I recently upgraded when the iPhone 4S was available and my plan allowed for a cheap upgrade.  The iPhone is a way better phone in my opinion.  The only drawback is battery life on those long days sitting in a tree stand bow hunting.  Running the video camera and texting my buddies eats up batteries.  I had the same problem with my android but I had two extra batteries all charged ready to put in the phone.  To solve the problem with the iPhone I bought a Mophie juice pack plus external battery which is also a protective case for the phone.  Awesome set up!! For anyone who hunts long periods of time without the ability to charge your phone I would definitely recommend the Mophie juice pack.  Hope this helps.

BigJim

blackmagic

When I went to get my new phone, I was dead set on the Iphone 4s.  After playing around with a couple of others, I left the store with a Motorola Atrix II.  I've sat side by side with a buddy with an Iphone and my browser's way faster.  I'm happy with it so far.

jrseale82

Commando here.  Perfect for the outdoors as it is waterproof, shock resistant, and can stand extreme temps.  It has a built in compass which is also handy.

MY

TIMBER

rawalley

STAY HOME!

ncturkey

I have a Samsung Soltice it is not a Iphone but it works pretty good. I am with ATT I can not remember what our bill is. I have an older plan I do not think folks can get now. I have inlimited data with no caps or added charges like the Sprint guys have. I think Verzion and ATT stoped offering the unlimited data plans last year.

Gobble!

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 26, 2012, 02:39:07 PM
What is the best monthly rate that one can get for a data/intermess plan for use of a smartphone?

What I have seen has been up near $100 a month.

I use standard phone with ATT, something like 500 minutes, and it is $40 or so plus all the baloney taxes.

With AT&T I pay about $200 a month for 4 iPhones with 2GB of data and a large number of minutes I will never use (due to the select 10 list where you can pick 10 numbers you call for free). But I work for IBM and get a 23% discount.