OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

will gas prices effect your turkey season

Started by pseshooter300, February 23, 2012, 03:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pseshooter300

Will gas prices have a effect with your turkey season this year. Suppose to hit $5 by summer. I half to drive a hour one way to both my farms starting to plan for it now should have planned months ago
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Sherrell

Curtdawg88

It shouldn't affect me as I drive a company truck that I get to use for personal use.  Hopefully gas prices don't get so high that I have to start paying for my personal gas or else it might affect my hunting!
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

Gobble!

Won't affect me.
Heard a rumor we might see $6 a gallon by June.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Probably not.

It only comes once per year and we can't be certain how many springs we are given.

BrowningGuy88

It will only hurt me in that I will drive my car and walk from the gate in to where I am hunting. Oh well I need the exercise anyway!

I drive anywhere from 25 to 100 miles one way to hunt so the Silverado will stay in the drive way most mornings even at $3.50 a gallon like it is now.

neal

Nope I'm not letting the idiots who control the gas price control one of the things I enjoy most in life!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

dirt road ninja

busta biggun

It will affect me. I will spend a lot more money than I normally would, but I will still go on my trips!

mdtkyhntr

I will let it affect other things, but it won't change my hunting plans this spring.

TauntoHawk

I like a hunting truck as much as the next guy but gas prices dont make me love em as much as I used to, the truck will stay at home unless we're hauling the trailer from now on. Have a good friend that owns a car lot and he hooked my dad up with a Toyota Highlander Hybrid for about 7k under bluebook value. We will use that for all our out of state trips, holds as much gear as the truck did with the rear seats removed and cranks out double the milage the truck got us.

Wont stop hunting, just need to adapt strategies
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

deadhead

Ever notice how gas prices always rise in spring and summer?  Come fall and winter they fall,got anything to do vacations or spring break? I personally think they are just greedy and have gotten used to record profits every quarter. But don't listen to me, my wife tells me crazy all the time leaving at 4
;30 just to chase big chickens. :OGani:
just remember they are big chickens.

deerhunt1988

They will effect me to some extent. I have public land spots ranging from a 10 mile to a 35 mile drive. I'll be hunting closer more often than not with gas this high.

On our out of state trips, I imagine we will spending more time in the woods in a certain area and less time driving around exploring the public land from the road.

lightsoutcalls

I hope to hunt with a friend in south central OK.  The drive will be about 5 hours probably.  That may be my only trip for the season.  Where I hunt in KS is about a 6 hour drive.  I'd love to get my dad out to Western OK, but that is about a 6 hour drive as well.  

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!