turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

any se kansas killers out there

Started by leasburg, February 21, 2012, 08:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leasburg

Gonna go my second year in se ks, and i went tbe first weekend last year which was a giant windy thunderstorm.  i was told i went to early, as i never heard a gobble or saw a jake, but had 27 hens over two days walk by.  i am only going to get one to two weekends so i am thinking about holding off till missouri is over and than heading out.
Rub it right pro staff, hunt em boats pro staff, proud supporter of floating the 4th shell, take a kid golfing my hunting spots are getting crowded

Brshpile

Independence Kansas here. Hunt all over SE Kansas.

wingbonehntr

I hunt se Kansas and sw Missouri every year. I go the second week of Missouri season, which is the last week in April. I think that is the best week. They seem to gobble good and not be as henned up
Good luck

leasburg

I hunt near st. paul.  new type of hunting for me, big giant open. is different from the small feilds in mo surronded by woods
Rub it right pro staff, hunt em boats pro staff, proud supporter of floating the 4th shell, take a kid golfing my hunting spots are getting crowded

Gamblinman

Quote from: leasburg on February 21, 2012, 09:26:46 PM
I hunt near st. paul.  new type of hunting for me, big giant open. is different from the small feilds in mo surronded by woods

I hunt just south of you near McCune and surrounding areas. I'm told this area had a decent hatch thsi year. Locals saw quite a few poults and lots of jakes this past fall while deer hunting.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

leasburg

Well thats good to hear.  i am really excited to shoot my first ks turk this year

K9Doc

Kansas has a very long season.  Usually till near the end of May.  No need to rush.  Weather gets better in May.  I usually go the last 2 weeks, but the gobbling is better to me the First week of May.  I hunt in North Central Kansas tho. 
Good Luck
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

vagrousehunter

Nothing like those Kansas "roads" in the springtime.   

K9Doc

Quote from: vagrousehunter on February 23, 2012, 11:35:39 AM
   Nothing like those Kansas "roads" in the springtime.   
Yep.  where we hunt, u need four wheel drive when it rains.  Most roads are buckshot!!!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

leasburg

Last year killed me i could callbhens in from every direction, bot never saw a gob,  i did however have a bearded hen trickle on to the dekes, so i used one tag at least

Brshpile

Birds are thick this year. Heading to southern ok, straight to Nebraska and then coming back to hammer them here. Leas if you have any problems let me know, we can hook up. You are not to far. I ordered the dsd flock and can't wait to hunt over them.

stinkpickle

kansas hooks

New to SE Kansas and looking forward to hunting this spring.  I'm around the Cherokee area and have a few areas to hunt already.

Brshpile

Where is the Cherokee area to independence area?