OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

any se kansas killers out there

Started by leasburg, February 21, 2012, 08:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kansas hooks

Independence is about 45 minutes to an hour to the west of cherokee

Shotgun

I think everyone on this forum has killed a turkey or 30 in KS at some point or time.

Neill_Prater

I used to hunt Kansas extensively, mostly in the Fall River/Toronto area, but the massive spring flooding a half dozen years ago about wiped out the population. I hope the birds are rebounding, as those areas are relatively close to where I live, but haven't heard any reports. I never even made it out there last year, and hunted north-central KS the year before.

vagrousehunter

I'm heading out to the south-central  part of the state this year.  I haven't been there for about 5 years because of the economy.   Hopefully there are as many birds as there were back then.

Ned

I love hunting SE Kansas!  Birds are thick this year!  My buddy killed a giant last year with 3 beards down on some public by Bighill Lake...Brshpile we should hook up, I'd give my left arm to hunt over a DSD flock!!!

leasburg

:turkey2:   i am freaking pumped, i will prob end up hunting public over my 500 ,acre of private unless the farmer has some patterned for me, lm the ground around him is wiha so it makes it nice
Rub it right pro staff, hunt em boats pro staff, proud supporter of floating the 4th shell, take a kid golfing my hunting spots are getting crowded

Brshpile

:newmascot: Ned lets do it. I have a ton of birds.

bulldog18

New to the forum and also from Independence, Ks as well. Can't wait for the season to begin.

kansas hooks

speaking of the DSD flock i'm hoping my jake, standing hen, feeding hen, and the new edition of the strutting gobbler makes them SE Kansas birds come running.  First year hunting them down in this part of kansas but looking forward to it.  If anyone is close to me and wants to do some scouting or hunting get a hold of me!

Ned

I'm in Tulsa now but I got a house in Independence.  Brshpile were ganna hit me up a bit....I have a feeling that 2012 is ganna be an awesome season.  I'm ganna get my first mini slam this year and I've never been more excited about Turkey hunting.

Brshpile

bulldog18

Ned

That unlicensed next to elk city lake last year was awesome..I killed 2 in there the last two years.  A lot of public around there too!

leasburg

Im just not use to the wide open plains with small woods in ks.  i got an idea where the roost and should have a better grasp on where to be when i go this year.  i just had a bad weekend last year with the wheather.  i drove for an hour and never even saw any in feilds that weekend
Rub it right pro staff, hunt em boats pro staff, proud supporter of floating the 4th shell, take a kid golfing my hunting spots are getting crowded