OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does anyone change camo patterns throughout the season?

Started by Curtdawg88, February 18, 2012, 11:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtdawg88

I just thought it would be interesting to see what camo pattern everyone starts the season with and ends the season with.  I know here in central Mississippi the woods are still very grey when the season starts so a camo pattern like Mossy Oak Obsession would stand out pretty bad in mid March.  Personally I wear the same camo all season.  I wear Power Bark made by Power Pleat Technologies.  It's camo with pleats to add a 3d look.  It's pretty bland with no green but it looks like tree bark so it looks good sitting at the base of a tree.  Sometimes I also wear a Mossy Oak Breakup leafy suit over it.  Does anyone vary their camo as the vegetation changes in the season?
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I start out the season wearing mossy oak forest floor and slowly phase mossy oak obsession into my attire as spring brings greener foliage.

WiLL B

Eric Gregg

I have 3 go to patterns

Mossy Oak Bottomland=wear it when it is dark/cloudy, or in a place that has low sunlight
Mossy Oak Breakup- similar areas where I wear Bottomland, but partuclary early season when everything is still without leaves
Realtree Hardwoods Green-wear it when it is sunny, open wooded areas or fields

I like to change up primarily to environment.

Flydown

I pretty much wear the same camo all season. I hunt in Alabama and we always have some sort of green in the woods but in my opinion, if you don't give away your position with movement, it really don't matter what camo you wear.

OLE RASPY

swamp_bird89

Nope, I don't match camo at all don't think the turkeys care to much. I've killed one in Colorado when it was snowing with the same camo I wear in Florida  :fud:

HARDCORE

"Camo", I wear it (makes me feel like a ninja)  ;D Camo is over rated, low def, high def, 3d, etc..etc..., if you don't move, it really doesn't matter. 

HC

Old Gobbler

Same camo just way more dirty and smelly by the end of the season  :funnyturkey:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

bird

I wear whatever is clean and treated with tick repellant. I wear according to the temps and weather conditions.

ghillie

I wear military surplus...digital grey early then more green later when things leaf out.  Use a ghille suit most of the time that I've made...not that hot at all..it has excellent ventilation in the hood and the coat..

bullet355

I start the season with Mossy Oak Break Up then change to Mossy Oak Shadow Leaf or Obession as the woods green up.

stone road turkey calls

I change mine the same amount the turkey changes his.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

chatterbox

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE