Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does anyone change camo patterns throughout the season?

Started by Curtdawg88, February 18, 2012, 11:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01Foreman400

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

NWBama

Use same camo. I will be trying the light leaafy suits in hot weather this year.

wbpc

I wear bottomland and obsession either one is good at any time in south alabama.  I also have a pair of Mossy Oak forest floor pants that work great any time, wish they would make that stuff again.

sippy cup

Shir do start with mossy oak forest floor pants and bottom land shirt and vest then when it greens up use obsession top and vest
beware of longdale legend

KYFrid

Start out wearing Bottomland, then as the woods start to green up switch to Obsession.

redleg06

I have two different categories of camo, one if for cool weather and one is for warmer weather since the spring morning can go either way from day to day.

Most of the cooler/lighter weight camo does happen to be in mossy oak obsession because that's what they sell it in most frquently.

I don't think it matters a ton as long as you hide your movement well so I buy for comfort and cost...meaning I buy what's cheap off the bargain rack and it works.

Hell, we used to kill them in old army fatigues and almost any camo you buy now is more effective than that stuff was.

MO3TOE

Quote from: Curtdawg88 on February 18, 2012, 11:00:29 PM
I just thought it would be interesting to see what camo pattern everyone starts the season with and ends the season with.  I know here in central Mississippi the woods are still very grey when the season starts so a camo pattern like Mossy Oak Obsession would stand out pretty bad in mid March.  Personally I wear the same camo all season.  I wear Power Bark made by Power Pleat Technologies.  It's camo with pleats to add a 3d look.  It's pretty bland with no green but it looks like tree bark so it looks good sitting at the base of a tree.  Sometimes I also wear a Mossy Oak Breakup leafy suit over it.  Does anyone vary their camo as the vegetation changes in the season?
The majority of my hunting is in N. Mississippi. I change my camo up throughout the season personally. I start with all Mossy Oak Bottomland in the early season and then switch to a combination of MO Obsession & MO Brush. I use the Treklite camo with the zip off legs and attach an opposite camo to them. My vest is Bottomland so I end up wearing 3 different camos.
-> -> -> 3TOE <- <- <-

turkey slayer

Quote from: Flydown on February 18, 2012, 11:26:59 PM
I pretty much wear the same camo all season. I hunt in Alabama and we always have some sort of green in the woods but in my opinion, if you don't give away your position with movement, it really don't matter what camo you wear.
:agreed: same here!

WildTigerTrout

I wear the same camo from start to finish. Realtree Advantage Timber but it's not made any longer.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

longspur

bbcoach

I don't change here in Eastern NC.  When our season starts the 1st week of April, we are starting to get our Spring Green Up so it's Realtree APG all the way.

TANK

I change as the woods green up but I also change with the properties I hunt.  A South La swamp & the Homochitto NF that uses prescribed burning, I wear Bottomland. Some cattle farms and a hunting lease that  I hunt, I use Obcession........

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

30_06