turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OLD FEDERAL AMMO

Started by GOLD HUNTER, February 18, 2012, 05:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

i was out looking for some birds this a.m. and stoped by a old hunting store and found 7 boxes of the 3" old federal turkey ammo,  i got them all.

they were $ 12.50

if hard times ever come I'll be shooting them at them birds  :newmascot:

brian

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

surehuntsalot

some of the best shells that's ever been made for turkey hunting
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

chatterbox

Good for you, Brian!
Those are some AWSOME shells!

WildTigerTrout

One of the best. I really like the Pre-FC Federals. My 10 ga. BPS loves the "Old" Fed. Premium 3.5" 2 1/4 oz of #6's. I have enough to last awhile. Looks like you do too, now. Great find!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Kylongspur88

Love those shells. I still have a few in 12 and 20. I really wish they still made those.

Mild Bill

You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

trkehunr93

Great find!  I still have some in 3" 4's and 6's and some 2 3/4" 6's.  They killed alot of turkeys!

mightyjoeyoung

Those were my go to loads for years right there!  I still have a BUNCH of them.  Good thing too because they are virtually impossible to find anywhere around here.  I have checked as far away as a three hour drive with no joy. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

nyhunter

:turkey2:   Oh if they would only go back to them !!!!!!!

K9Doc

I'm jealous.  Them are the good 'uns!!!!
My old 870 with a .640-650 Hastings loved those shells... I cut my teeth killing some south Arkansas gobblers with that round.  I miss the good ol days.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

ericjames

I just found 3 boxes  3.5-2-6 and 1 box  3.5-2.25-6 that I picked up everytime I find some I get them. All I had was 2 left and I had just found the next best lead that I had shot with my browning silver a win sup. 3.5-2-6 and stumbled up on these I hope I can find a few more. I am gonna go back up to the store and get the last box 3.5-2.25-4's old federals.

Tom Foolery

A small store around here HAD the 3.5-2-6 HV old Federals for $7.99 per box.  I say had because I bought them all.

stinkpickle

Quote from: Tom Foolery on February 22, 2012, 01:37:30 PM
A small store around here HAD the 3.5-2-6 HV old Federals for $7.99 per box.  I say had because I bought them all.

LOL!  I did the same thing with old Fed 3-2-7.5's a while back.  I shoot hevi-13 now mostly, but I just can't help but hoard those sweet old gold and blue box Federals.

MizzouOutdoors

I only have 4 of those shells left.   :'(