turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OLD FEDERAL AMMO

Started by GOLD HUNTER, February 18, 2012, 05:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrkyhntr70

Those were the load back in the day; I found 2 of those shells the other day and my son shot one through his 870/kicks set up, I wish I could find a stash of them!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

MossRem

I wonder if Speer/Federal/ATK is aware of how popular the pre-FC shells are. Maybe there's a market they can tap into if they're interested. They sure don't have to do any R&D to make the shells the old way.

Lunchbox

Those are some nice finds. I think i might go to some old stores around here. See if i can get lucky.

J-Shaped

If you can get your hands on them, the shells they made before those in the 1 7/8oz. version of buffered, non-copper plated 3" #6's were also great back in the day.

Sure seems like the shells were more consistent back then as well.

WW

GREAT FIND! I bought 6 boxes of 3 1/2 inch #6's about 5 years ago for $12 a box.....I'm now on my last box.

Philippe

Are the older Federal Grand Slam turkey pre-fc shells any good? Or is that what those are?

TrackeySauresRex

I have the old grand slam box with 4 shells left. There is a picture of the skeleton of the shell. It does don't look like the FC wad.

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Philippe on March 06, 2012, 07:46:23 PM
Are the older Federal Grand Slam turkey pre-fc shells any good? Or is that what those are?

Yes and yes. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

TrackeySauresRex

If you don't whant yours. I can take them off your hands for free  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Philippe

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 06, 2012, 09:01:28 PM

If you don't whant yours. I can take them off your hands for free  ;D

I don't have any, but i do know of a store that has mounds of them in 20 and 12 gauge ;D

mightyjoeyoung

Feel free to share philippe!   :drool:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 22, 2012, 01:55:43 PM
Quote from: Tom Foolery on February 22, 2012, 01:37:30 PM
A small store around here HAD the 3.5-2-6 HV old Federals for $7.99 per box.  I say had because I bought them all.

LOL!  I did the same thing with old Fed 3-2-7.5's a while back.  I shoot hevi-13 now mostly, but I just can't help but hoard those sweet old gold and blue box Federals.
What gun/choke comination did you shoot those Fed 7 1/2's out of and how did they pattern??? :OGturkeyhead:

stinkpickle

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 07, 2012, 05:46:59 PM
Quote from: stinkpickle on February 22, 2012, 01:55:43 PM
Quote from: Tom Foolery on February 22, 2012, 01:37:30 PM
A small store around here HAD the 3.5-2-6 HV old Federals for $7.99 per box.  I say had because I bought them all.

LOL!  I did the same thing with old Fed 3-2-7.5's a while back.  I shoot hevi-13 now mostly, but I just can't help but hoard those sweet old gold and blue box Federals.
What gun/choke comination did you shoot those Fed 7 1/2's out of and how did they pattern??? :OGturkeyhead:

BPS/Comp-n-Choke .670.  I don't remember the counts.

Philippe

I was told they changed over from those old blue and gold boxes to a different box before they quit making them and went to the flight control garbage.