North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What Time of day do you score most .

Started by hookedspur, February 14, 2012, 11:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When do you connect ? What time of the day do you kill  the majority of your birds? .

Fly Down
42 (28.4%)
Mid Morn
78 (52.7%)
Late Morn -Noon
21 (14.2%)
Afternoon
6 (4.1%)
Before Roost
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Mapleridge

I've killed most of my birds within an hour or so of flydown but I have also had excellent luck from 10-12

cscott

Ty

TauntoHawk

Kill most of my birds within a minute of being on the ground to an hour after.. have 2 that I killed around 10-11am

our hunting is done at 12 (noon) and I've left plenty of birds gobbling in the woods
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

turkey_slayer

Majority have been from 9-1030.  2010 was a rare year where we stomped most of em just right after fly down.

Kylongspur88

10:30 -2:00 is a good time to find a lonely bird.

rawalley

STAY HOME!

Gobble!

seems like around bed time I usually get lucky

ssramage

jakebird

It's about 50/50 for me between the early morning and late. However i notice i have a low percentage of kills in the 8 am to 9 30 window. Most are later after ten am or very early after flydown. Not 100 % certain but I suspect my number one time for kills is the 630 to 730 window.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

Jbird22

Quote from: Gobble! on February 29, 2012, 04:51:46 PM

Same here. Any time after dark my chances go up.  :smiley-char092:

redleg06

Quote from: JBIRD22 on March 14, 2012, 02:21:44 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on February 29, 2012, 04:51:46 PM

Same here. Any time after dark my chances go up.  :smiley-char092:

Yep, but there's a narrow window between the time the sun goes down and when they go to sleep....  They also get wise to your tricks and become more elusive with age.

eaglea1

I've found that a little strutting helps, and if need be, I can always rely on some wine.

strutter

I've killed a few 1st hour after fly-down but most have been between 8-11.

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland