North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What Time of day do you score most .

Started by hookedspur, February 14, 2012, 11:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When do you connect ? What time of the day do you kill  the majority of your birds? .

Fly Down
42 (28.4%)
Mid Morn
78 (52.7%)
Late Morn -Noon
21 (14.2%)
Afternoon
6 (4.1%)
Before Roost
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 147

jblackburn

Quote from: WildSpur on February 14, 2012, 07:20:50 PM
Most of my luck is after 0900.  Every year I wonder why I try to hunt roost birds but I just can't miss out on fly down time!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I hear ya!  There is just something about being out there at first light and hearing the woods wake up that makes it worth being out, even if I hardly ever kill one at flydown!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

TrackeySauresRex

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an Voted..I've had some at fly down,some early morning. But .. most came in the late morning. I would say between 10 and noon has been the best time for me. I've had a few buzzer beaters over the years  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Mossberg835

harvester

I have killed most of mine before 9am but have killed several late in the evening. Right before fly up.

rtsj

Probably 80% are killed within the first half hour after flydown. Last 5 of 6 have been by 6;30. Hunt every morning before work and I punch in at 7:00.

Roy

DMP

Most of my kills are before 10 but that's probably because I hunt a lot before work.

cahaba

It has some to do with the breeding cycle. I usually kill mine from 9 to 11;30 during the breding cycle. late in the season any time of day.

DSSFROMBAMA

Depends on what phase of the season it is; early in the season it is more in the morning and later in the season it tends to be closer to noon.

Garrett Trentham

If I can get a turkey to answer me afternoon, I have a STRONG chance of calling him in. More than 50% of the birds I kill are afternoon.

A close second would be mid morning.

Still can't figure out how guys consistently kill turkeys right off the roost in the morning. That always seems to be a big crap shoot for me...
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

DK Allen

Better for me @ Fly Down! They seem more anxious.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

75% right off the roost

15% between 645 and 730 on the second set up

10% between 730 and 945

I've never killed one after 10am

jhcats10

I have the best luck about an hour after flydown

turkeywhisperer

Mid to late morning for me... usually between 9 and 11

bgbuck153

I've killed most of my birds before 7 and most of those were within 10 minutes of there toes touching the earth for the last time !         :fud:      :OGani: