OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fried Wild Turkey Breast, IT WHAT'S FOR DINNER!

Started by ElkTurkMan, February 20, 2011, 08:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElkTurkMan

Attached are pics of my world famous Shane Newton Fried Wild Turkey Breast Nuggets LOL.  This is something I got out of the NWTF mag a few years back.  It's not good for your cholestral, but guranteed to make your most finicky eater try some wild game.  If anyone wants the recipe let me know.  The pics don't do it justice, this is amazing.  Ronald McDonals and his weak chicken nugget have nothing on me! LOL     

[attachment deleted by admin]

unclerick

Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

mfd1027

Hey!  when did you learn how to cook??    Remember that duck your Dad cooked us.   Man, that was good stuff and I don't even like duck. lol   

Hope your having a cold one with that platter.   :z-paddy-smiley113:
Dan

gob09

that right there with some fried taters would be great.... OH and a cold one

nctrkyhntr

I made this mistake of looking at this first thing in the morning. Now I am hungry. I guess I will be hitting something up on the way to work.

harvester

new2turkey

Quote from: nctrkyhntr on February 21, 2011, 07:16:48 AM
I made this mistake of looking at this first thing in the morning. Now I am hungry. I guess I will be hitting something up on the way to work.

I made the mistake of looking at it an hour before dinner.  :bike2:

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: mfd1027 on February 20, 2011, 10:17:49 PM
Hey!  when did you learn how to cook??    Remember that duck your Dad cooked us.   Man, that was good stuff and I don't even like duck. lol   

Hope your having a cold one with that platter.   :z-paddy-smiley113:

I remember that.  In fact I think he duck hunted a couple of mornings while you and I chased deer.  Do you remember that one really really cold morning?  Dad could cook anything.  One time out west he shot these blue grouse, and cooked them in gravy oina dutch oven over the fire.  To this day one of the best meals I've ever eaten.  BTW, I did have a cold one with this meal last night.

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: harvester on February 21, 2011, 04:38:26 PM
Go ahead and post the recipe on here. :z-guntootsmiley:

You will need
1  wild turkey breast
2 cups milk
3 cups baking mix
One can of 12 oz beer
2 Tablespoons Sugar
3 cups Peanut Oil

Skin the tukey and cut the breast into one inch cubes.  Combine it with the 2 cups milk and let it soak in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
Next combine your baking mix, beer and sugar in abowl and mix to form a batter.  The baking mix I use is called House Autry Chicken Breader.
Next Heat your oil in askillet 375 degrees.  Remove the turkey from the milk and dip it in the batter.  Then fry it to a golden brown. 
It's delicious!

harvester

Quote from: Hawken on February 21, 2011, 07:08:51 PM
Quote from: harvester on February 21, 2011, 04:38:26 PM
Go ahead and post the recipe on here. :z-guntootsmiley:

You will need
1  wild turkey breast
2 cups milk
3 cups baking mix
One can of 12 oz beer
2 Tablespoons Sugar
3 cups Peanut Oil

Skin the tukey and cut the breast into one inch cubes.  Combine it with the 2 cups milk and let it soak in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
Next combine your baking mix, beer and sugar in abowl and mix to form a batter.  The baking mix I use is called House Autry Chicken Breader.
Next Heat your oil in askillet 375 degrees.  Remove the turkey from the milk and dip it in the batter.  Then fry it to a golden brown. 
It's delicious!

Thanks Shane