turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Traveling Call????

Started by Turkeykiller12, February 09, 2012, 11:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

Whats everyones opinion on a traveling call? I just noticed this as a topic that was on another page here on OG. I thought this would be a cool idea, maybe if you killed a bird with the call, put a mark on the back of the call or something neat like that. Whats yalls thoughts on this?

davisd9

I am not against it.  I did it once on another site.  It was fun.  Someone would just needs to be willing to send a call to the other members.  We would need to find out the dates that everyone starts hunting and what week we could get it to each member of the team.  The other traveling call I did asked for all the team members to sign the call and in the package you mailed it to each other was some ziplock bags where if you killed a bird with the call you put some breast feathers in the bag.  There was also a sheet that told the details ( beard length, spur length, weight, did you use decoys, etc.) about the bird killed with the call.  If it is something everyone would like to do then we can arrange it.

We can always put our own spin on it so if people are interested then please throw out some ideas, just stated what my past experience with a traveling call was.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Sounds like a great idea to me.  As long as it's not a mouth call I'm all about it LOL   ;D

dirt road ninja

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 10, 2012, 08:31:30 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me.  As long as it's not a mouth call I'm all about it LOL   ;D

X2

I'd hate to be the guy that loses it.

JVA54

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 10, 2012, 08:43:41 AM

X2
  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

I'd hate to be the guy that loses it.

davisd9

Sounds like a great idea to me.  As long as it's not a mouth call I'm all about it LOL   ;D

Come on man, be a team player.  I will buy a brand new mouth call that I will use for a week then send it to the next guy to use then he sends it to the next one and so on and so on.    :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeykiller12

If ya'll are interested I guess we could put our season dates up and try to nail down the times we need to be sharing the call. I guess it would work better to get a schedule up of who would get the call and when. I liked the ideas of the feathers in a bag with a brief description of the kill

trkehunr93

I'll get it started our season n VA starts with a youth day on April 7th.  Our regular season opens on April 14th and runs thru May 19th.

Turkeykiller12

I'll be next. My season starts on March 24 th and goes through around the second week in May.

JVA54

I will be hunting April 9-13 and May 3-10 for sure and maybe April 28- May2 if I draw my third tag. Will be going with my son April 14-19 and with my stepson April 20-25.     :funnyturkey:

davisd9

I will possibly be hunting March 15 - 18 out of state.  I will definitely be hunting April 1 -May 1.

M,Yingling

Cool idea ,,Our season runs april 28 to may 31
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

dirt road ninja

I start on march 8th for youth. Will be hitting the woods on the 10th with my son. I get to carry a gun on March 15th. I'll be in the woods 15-19. Then every weekend till it closes.

Bustabeak

I've never took part in the traveling call thing but I definitely think it would be pretty cool. I'll be hunting in AL March 15th. Then it opens in GA the following weekend. But I'm in if you guys want to give it a try.

trkehunr93

I need to buy a spring home further south, you guys in SC, GA and AL are killin' me with your March openers.   ;)